02

Dallas

"So..." Mitchell decided to break the awkward silence. "How are things going with Grayson?"

Well......

I think he's ready to take our relationship to the next level. And by 'next level', I mean that he maybe wants to have sex.

Yes, we've been in a relationship for over a year now and we still have not had sex.

How did I come to the conclusion that he wants to take our relationship to the next level?

Well, there's that time he groped me while we was watching an old movie at the drive-in cinema.

Oh, and there's also that time when we were making out in his bedroom and our bodies were passionately pressing up against each other, then his mother barged in.

It was mortifying.

Then there's the night of my Senior Prom when Grayson had told me that he had something special planned for that night. He even bought a hotel room and all. But, like an idiot, I had one too many cans of Hannah's warm beers that she had stashed into her school locker. By the time we got to the hotel, I was totally plastered.

"Good?" I answered, sounding unsure.

"Cool." Mitchell says before returning to the awkward silence.

It's weird.

The whole 'Grayson wants to have sex with me' thing, not the awkward silence, because I actually prefer silence to Mitchell talking random nonsense like he normally does.

The thought of sex is just icky to me, and I can't even explain why. Maybe I'm weird?

I mean, even the thought of watching porn grosses me out.

What kind of soon-to-be college freshman doesn't like to watch porn?

This guy!

Sex aside—well in our case, lack thereof, our relationship seemed to be going pretty smoothly.

Speak of the devil....

Hot Stuff 🩶:
Can't wait to see you x

And just to clarify, Grayson created his contact name on my phone. He also insisted that I create one for me on his phone, but i couldn't come up with anything besides 'Dallas xo', which he said was lame, so he decided to go with Sexy 💙.

Me:
Can't wait to see you too x

I send the text and place my phone down.

"Are you excited to meet your new roommate?" Mitchell broke the silence, again.

"Uh, not really..." I answered.

"Why not?" He wondered.

"What if he's some athletic jerk who insists on turning the room into a personal gym?"

"Maybe he's one of those guys who believes the earth is flat?" Mitchell humoured.

"I wanted to share a room with Hannah or Lucy, but 'guys and girls can't share dorms'." I complained.

"Wouldn't that be something." Mitchell grinned.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just glad I get to share a room with my best mate rather than some rando." He says.

Cringe.

"Who would wanna share a room with you?" I joked, which caused him to take his right hand off the steering wheel and punch me in the arm.