Light in Darkness..(Part 2)

I am getting married that to with Khushi.. Khushi is going to be mine.. I was literally going mad with happiness, if I was not Arnav Singh Raizada, I would have been doing some happy dance by now.. I have no words to describe what I was feeling at the time when my father said Mr.Shashi Gupta is here with a marriage proposal for me, he wanted me to marry his daughter..

I was extremely happy hearing this,my mind was clearly not able to digest the fact that the dream I gave up on can be true.. I can have a happily ever after with Khushi..But next moment few thoughts came in my mind with the feeling of happiness..

I didn't want Khushi to compromise with anything, plus she is a by born princess of Gupta's,I saw how her father and brothers pampered her.. Will she able to adjust with me and my life style..Though she wears very simple clothes and talks softly with everyone,I saw how she maintains her elite status, people needs to go through several screening to meet her..Will she be comfortable with me here?? We maintain a high middle class lifestyle with luxury, most of our relatives are middle class and conservative.. I know I am very well off to spend on my wife's need, again her father own a private jet and multiple chopper how will I compare with that luxury..

I was also concerned about the fact that I want to live with my parents in our home.. My parents were very upset when my older brother Akash moved out as his long term girlfriend Payal puts a condition before him that she will only marry him if they live separately.. She didn't even give my parents a chance and moved out as soon as they got married..

I know in modern world, this things doesn't matter but I don't want to hurt my parents anymore.. They were very hurt ever since my youngest sister Anjali passed away at the age of 10.. Then my brother ignored their wishes..I don't have it in me to hurt them anymore and on the other hand it's Khushi, it's my first love.. I want her with everything I have,How can I let her go?!?!

Mr. Shashi Gupta understood my turmoil and took me to the garden area for a one to one talk..I got to know from him that he liked me since long time, as I am making my career with my own hand like him while taking care of my parents,I studied in Harvard with scholarships, he likes how I handle people, he respects me for my passion and hard working nature, my personality reminds him his younger age and he was always looking for someone like me for his daughter..

He said Khushi is very soft and kind in nature just like her late mother.. Her mother passed away during her and NK's birth, since then Mr. Gupta raised her and his sons alone.. She believes in living a low profile life style, she loves children and want to work for them.. She is a modern woman with traditional values that's why she was rejecting all the marriage proposals she was receiving as none of them goes with her life style and values..

Thus he invited me to his Diwali party so that he can introduce me with his daughter but after our unexpected meeting Khushi denied to meet me..Since past many days he, his team, and three of his children we're looking at me keenly, they did multiple background check on me and last night Khushi herself informed him she likes me and wants to marry me..Oh my gosh!! Khushi wants to marry me and I was jealous of Shyam's job. What a fool I was?!?!

I told him I will give my final answer once I talk to Khushi alone and he agreed..When they left I saw worried face of my father, he was little afraid to bring Khushi as his daughter in law as he had same concerns like me, the gap between us and Gupta's is huge!!..On the other hand my mother Ratna Raizada was so happy and excited that she was planning what to do on my wedding..

My father shared his worries with us and my mother answered very optimistically she thinks Khushi will be a perfect choice for me..When he asked her how can she be sure about it..We were informed she already met Khushi in our local Shiv's mandir..They chat with each other regularly and she likes her a lot, my mother also said she regularly shares my stories with Khushi and she enjoys it.. ok, what???