chapter 86

Using transmutation, Eisen hardened his blood in the bowl a slight bit to make it as thick as possible without actually turning it solid so that it continued to expell a strong bloody scent, but wouldn't be able to move around too much during the next part of the plan.

Next, Eisen grabbed a mana crystal and a small mythril needle out of Bree's backpack and made a quick enchantment, that would expell enough wind to let the crystal, that was formed into a small bowl-shape, another small enchanted crystal and the blood itself float just a slight bit above the ground with some form of stability.

Once Eisen did that, he quickly created another small mana battery and filled it up, before placing it into the bottom of the mana crystal bowl together with the hardened blood, watching as it slowly began to float in the air.

"Perfect!" Eisen exclaimed with a soft laugh at his small and quick creation, while Bree watched with awe at Eisen being able to make something like this within such a short amount of time, although she was still kind of shaken up at watching Eisen drain his hand of blood.

"And what now?" She asked curiously, trying to ignore those thoughts. Instead of telling her what he would do with this floating-crystal, Eisen simply grabbed it and began walking closer to the Mother Hive, until he thought he was close enough to be able to attract the majority of the bees inside. Slowly, he let go of the crystal and made sure it was floating properly, then ever so slightly tilted it forward so that it would continue moving on its own. It didn't need to be fast, just be able to get far away.

The floating mana crystal then moved forward just like Eisen wanted it to. It seemed somewhat unstable, but it should get a fair distance away from the Mother Hive at the very least.

Next, they waited for the bees to react, and this happened not too long afterward. After a first bee seemed to notice the smell of blood, it turned back to the hive and its antennae began shaking, before a large swarm of even more bees of the same size came flying out, making the hive look somewhat abandoned from the outside.

Immediately, Eisen and Bree sprinted forward toward it, and Eisen began guarding Bree while she started setting up the anti-fire barrier by placing down some mana crystals as 'waypoints' so to speak, before carefully activating the spell, letting a globe of mana encase the whole hive.

"Now we only need to set it on fire." Eisen muttered to himself while concentrating some infused mana inside of his hand and turning it into complete fire, which he then fired out of his palm multiple times toward different spots on the hive.

At first, it started with small fires here and there, but soon enough, the whole structure was taken over. Some of the bees tried to flee, but since they were only physically weak worker bees, none of them managed to make it past the barrier that was set up and instead simply burned up in the flames, continuing to fuel it even more.

The hive broke down onto itself and continued burning up, Eisen and Bree retreating as far away as they could while still fueling the barrier. When the fire grew large enough to be basically impossible to put out, the soldier bees that left the hive in pursuit of the ball of blood that Eisen sent away came back just to find their home nearing ashes.

Neither in sadness nor in anger, the soldiers rushed forward right into the flames for one reason, to protect the hive's queen. That was their sole reason to even exist, and it caused the whole colony to be wiped out in one go.

"Wow, that... was actually quite sad..." Bree whispered out when she watched the Soldier Bees basically throw their life away, before the whole structure simply collapsed onto itself.

Eisen and Bree sat there in silence for a while, simply watching as this what could have become a serious threat to the area ceased to exist in less than an hour.