chapter 50

"Come on, Yamikuma! Get up!" Jyuuk practically yelled out while kneeling down in front of the bear, grasping his blood-clotted fur. After the attack from that Goblin Knight, Yamikuma lost most of its health and due to the place where he was hit, he also gained the 'Bleeding' effect, meaning that he was slowly but surely bleeding out, and Jyuuk didn't know what to do.

"Calm down, Jyuuk. Here, feed these to him." Eisen said and grabbed a handful of Health Pills out of Bree's backpack, then handed them to Jyuuk. The Monkey-Man simply looked at the tiny red spheres and nodded at Eisen. "Thank you..." He said and held the pills in front of Yamikuma's mouth.

"Eat, please just eat these. You'll feel better aftward." Jyuuk told the bear, who slowly opened his eyes and moved his head closer to Jyuuk's hand, carefully eating the pills one after another.

After the first few, Yamikuma became more energetic again, and the wound on its belly began slowly closing up, and Jyuuk could confirm that the health of his tamed beast was getting close to its max again.

He sighed out loud and rubbed his bear's head, looking over to Eisen. "Thanks. Yamikuma nearly bled out. And I don't know what I would have done if he had."

"Don't worry, I've got more than enough of these pills anyway. Just glad that he's okay." Eisen said and turned around to see where Bree was, and when he saw that she was far enough away that she wouldn't be able to hear them, turned back to Jyuuk and whispered to him.

"How does it work in other games? If Yamikuma had died, would he be gone forever, or would he be able to come back?" He asked quietly, and Jyuuk shrugged in response.

"I'm not sure, really. I don't even know what happens when we die. Obviously, we'll respawn, but I don't know if there's going to be any penalty of some sort. Oh, and we didn't have the chance to do this before, but here. Let's see how this works."

[Jyuuk sent you a friend request. Accept?]

Eisen chuckled and nodded. "Yes, of course." He said, and then immediately got a notification that told him that Jyuuk and Eisen were now friends in-game.

"Great, now we can chat even if we split up again." Jyuuk said with a smile and waved his notification away.

Eisen smiled softly and looked at the half of the broken pole in Jyuuk's hand. "What a shame. You don't have any replacement somewhere, do you?" Eisen asked and Jyuuk shook his head while holding the shattered weapon in front of himself.

"I guess the only thing we could do until I buy a new one somewhere is to only rely on Yamikuma and Aotori."

"Jyuuk, did you forget who I am? I'll make you a new weapon, don't worry." Eisen said and walked over to Bree and grabbed the 'spear' which he took from that goblin before, as well as some of his tools, including a mana crystal with a high-heat flame enchantment, his hammer, and a thin Mythril needle he bought from Morrom's place to add something a little bit special into the new pole.

Before he decided on what kind of enchantment to carve into the staff later, Eisen turned to Jyuuk. "Ah, you have Mana Manipulation, right? And you know how to push your mana out of your body?"

"Yes, I do. Someone in the town near where I woke up taught me how. Why?" Jyuuk asked confused, and Eisen chuckled lowly in response. "You'll see, don't worry." He said with a smile on his face and looked for a sturdy place to work at.

Denmir mentioned that Eisen would be able to use the Crafting Space to improvise, and specifically mentioned the possibility of using a stone surface as an anvil replacement, so Eisen thought to directly try this out!

Eisen looked around for a solid boulder with good density and then used alchemy to transmute it into a flat surface, just as he usually did to make a stone table to eat on while they were out in the forest. And just to make it an even better surface to work on, Eisen used hardening on it. It didn't really do all that much, and it was still not even close to how hard an anvil should be, but it was better than nothing.