chapter 63

Eisen went over to the crate and grabbed a knife that was supposed to be especially for dismantling a body and laid the wolf corpse on its back. He stabbed the knife into the body and pushed the knife into the wolf's underside and slowly cut it open to get rid of its organs. Eisen pushed his hands into the cold body and one after another pulled out the organs which he placed into a bucket to simply keep them somewhere, while placing the heart to the side to use it for something later.

Next, Eisen carefully decided to get rid of the wolf's hide. He cut into the cold flesh and steadily moved the knife along over the wolf's bloody meat, slowly but surely skinning it. Eisen somewhat noticed the effect of Ailren's weakening breath, as it seemed like the wolf's fur was simply turning into dust whenever Eisen touched the hair. Shuddering at the thought of what could have happened if Ailren hit him with the full effect of his weakening breath as well, Eisen set the hide away. He wouldn't be using it for the automaton anymore. Sure, it was of quite high quality, but since it came from a rank 0 beast, it would simply pull down the overall rank and quality of the automaton, so he would use something else instead.

After skinning the corpse, Eisen carefully prepared to get rid of the meat without breaking or cracking the bones, since Eisen would need them as a reference. He started with the limbs, cutting or scraping away the meat on the bones, and then did the same for the meat left on the wolf's torso, and at last went for the head.

He needed to treat the skull carefully, since he also had a use for the wolf's eyes and brain which Eisen set down next to the heart.

Once Eisen had every single bone laying down on the ground in a way that showed him which bone belonged where in a wolf's body, Eisen got a new notification.

[Dismembering Skill Learned]

"Maybe this would have been easier if I had gotten that skill earlier... Well, nothing I can change about that now. First, let's make sure these don't go to waste." Eisen muttered to himself and walked over to where he placed the Wolf's Eyes, Heart and Brain.

He poured the mana out of his body and enveloped one of the eyes in it, concentrating on its shape and what it was made of, successfully using mana copy to recreate it and saving it to his mana copy library. After doing that for the brain and heart as well, Eisen put all three of these body parts into the bucket together with the wolf's other organs, since he now did what he needed to do with them directly.

"Now, let's get to work." Eisen chuckled and cracked his knuckles before starting to heat up the forge and then grabbed his Hammer together with one of the High Tensile Brass ingots he made before.

"So, if I hurry up, I should be able to get about... 20 Done by the end of the day? It's already quite late, so I should keep going for a little bit and then go to sleep." The old man said to himself and then sighed out loudly. At least he would be able to spend the next day just completely making the parts for the automaton without distraction, so it should be possible to assemble it the day after tomorrow, and finish it the latest in three days.

Trying to keep that plan in mind, Eisen placed the first brass ingot into the forge and waited for it to be hot enough, which only took about four or five minutes, and then he placed it onto the anvil that stood next to the forge with tongs.

Eisen activated the crafting space for Blacksmithing, then held the ingot in place and used tool connection on his hammer. What Eisen would be doing now was to recreate the wolf's skeleton piece by piece through brass, and the first few bones he would be making for now would be relatively small.

So, Eisen took the first bone he would recreate and inspected it closely to remember its shape, and then hit the brass ingot while simulating the same thing he did with his Zweihänder, meaning that he pushed out a little bit of mana with each and every hit to infuse it into the brass bone.