Mother's Instinct

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, she crashed after her sugar rush at the park." Spencer chuckled.

"And Olivia?" She asked, her eyes wandering the kitchen and then the entertainment area, doubting that Liv turned in for the night without Spencer.

"Umm, how about we all meet up for breakfast tomorrow morning, and you can see them both." Spencer suggested, diverting from her topic.

"Mhmm." Mama Grace hummed. "We can do breakfast." She replied, feeling a need to address the elephant in the room with a former girlfriend of her son.

The next morning was chaotic as Olivia raved over properly, introducing their daughter to meet her grandmother. Reciting table etiquette and polite mannerisms to Cici, Olivia wanted to ensure nothing was amiss.

"Say excuse me when I want to be speak. Don't chew with my mouth full. Always say please and thank you. Don't pester, begging for sweets after breakfast. Always say yes ma'am and no ma'am." Cici mimicked her mother's orders back to Olivia, desiring to roll her eyes. "I already know this, mom." She fussed, her small hands on her hips.

Olivia narrowed her eyes at Gracianna. "One more thing, none of that back sass to your grandmother. And definitely not to me."

Dropping her hands from her hips and pouting her bottom lip, Cici contorted her expression remorseful. "I'm sorry, Mommy."

Olivia's face softened as she ran her hands over her face. "No, baby." She replied, slightly disappointed in herself for projecting her concerns on to her daughter. "Mommy is sorry. I know you are respectful.  Forgive me, okay?" She expressed, kissing Cici's cheek.

"Are yall ready to go?" Spencer inquired from the doorway of Cici's bedroom. "We are going to be late."

'Wait, Daddy!" Gracianna insisted, pivoting to face her Dad's direction. "Do you think Nana will like my outfit?"

 "Do you think Nana will like my outfit?"

"Yeah, baby girl. I think she will love it. Now, let's head down to the car." Spencer gestured towards the hallway, clapping his hands gently to get his ladies in order. "Liv, babe, are you ready?" He asked as threw on her shoulder satchel.

"I feel underdressed." She huffed, facing Spencer. "Maybe I should put something else on."

Spencer shook his head, "You look gorgeous in everything you wear, babe. My mom isn't gonna care about your clothes. It's just breakfast." He coaxed, trying to convince her she was fine.

Olivia looked down at her outfit once more, nodding her head in silent agreement. "Less is more." She uttered to herself.