35 alone but with me

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆.:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Naeun's POV,

I arrived at the house Taemin had rented out right after wrapping up my work for the day. Taemin had forwarded the house details as soon as Joonwoon sealed the deal with the rentor. Although we had discussed a few things through calls and texts, we hadn't agreed on much. For now, the only thing we had agreed on was that I wouldn't have to fully settle down at the rented house and it would be temporary.

Entering the house with the passcode Taemin had shared via text, I was sure he and Joonwoon had come and take a look at the house before allowing me to come. Since my plan was just to drop by, I hadn't packed any clothes yet. I wanted to observe the house situation before deciding what to bring and what to leave behind. The house turned out to be bigger than I expected, but I reminded myself that this would only be for a while, though I wasn't sure how Taemin and I would navigate things from here.

As I explored the house, my phone vibrated, displaying Joonwoon's name on the screen. Answering the call, I greeted, "Hey Joonwoon," with a mixture of curiosity and anticipation in my voice.

"Hey there. Taemin asked me to check up on you. Are you currently at the house?" Joonwoon inquired, referring to the rented house.

"Yeah, I'm still looking around. Planning to leave in about half an hour. Haven't brought any clothes with me yet," I replied, my tone reflecting a hint of uncertainty.

"Alright, no rush then! Taemin wanted me to ask if you're planning to bring your clothes today or tomorrow?" Joonwoon's voice was calm and reassuring over the line.

Contemplating for a moment, I glanced around the house. "I think I can start bringing in clothes to the house by tonight so I could settle everything by tomorrow," I decided, feeling a sense of readiness creeping in.

"Okay, then! I will let Taemin know," Joonwoon said.

"Thank you, Joonwoon, for your help," I expressed my gratitude before we both bid our farewells, and he ended the call.

Taking another look around the house, I observed the furnishings that had already been arranged. There wasn't much for me to do, considering I wouldn't be staying here for too long. Still, the idea of making the space feel more like home lingered in my mind, prompting thoughts of potential decorations and personal touches.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

After packing both Yongrae's and my belongings from my house, I returned to the rented house, deciding to spend the night there. A part of me couldn't shake the feeling that Taemin would find any excuse to visit. Despite my reluctance to admit it, the idea of not being alone was oddly comforting, though I would never admit that aloud in front of him.