21 paternity

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆.:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Naeun's POV,

Days had slipped by without a word exchanged between us. The realization that he was deliberately avoiding me gnawed at my thoughts, leaving me with a mixture of emotions. Oddly enough, I found myself torn between a sense of relief and a tinge of disappointment.

Wasn't his avoidance what I wanted? I shrugged, releasing a heavy sigh that carried the weight of unresolved feelings.

Today marked the day the DNA test results were revealed. However, it didn't elicit excitement from me, for the answer was already clear in my mind.

I carefully unfolded the paper, scanning its contents once more as if to confirm what I already knew. "It is what it is, Taemin."

Even as a sense of relief washed over me, there was a bittersweet undertone to this situation. I held onto the paper, recognizing that it provided a firm reason to sever the connections between Yongrae, myself, and him. At least for now.

I dialed his number, anticipation mingled with apprehension as I waited for him to pick up. "Can we meet up? The result is out."

He agreed and gave the address of where both of us would be meeting up.

Arriving at the designated place, I spotted him sitting at a table, his attire blending seamlessly into the surroundings. As I pulled out the chair across from him and took a seat, a genuine smile played on my lips, masking the emotions beneath.

Having no patience to stall for more time, I retrieved the envelope containing the test result and handed it to him. "Open it."

His movements were hesitant as he unfolded the paper and read its contents. The prospect of finally leaving behind this cafe and everything it represented stirred a sense of eagerness within me.

"This is not Yongrae's DNA," he murmured, his voice audible despite its quietness. "Isn't that right?"

I responded with a calm firmness, my tone chilly as I attempted to penetrate his understanding. "You sought the truth through the test, and that's the answer you received. Yongrae is my son, not yours."

There was a hint of resignation in his response, a fleeting smile that seemed to convey a sense of acceptance. "I had a suspicion you might resort to this, but I didn't anticipate you'd actually go through with it."

He handed me another envelope, a silent challenge for me to unveil its contents. "I also conducted another DNA test, just in case you played a tricky card like this."

A growing unease twisted within me, my heart racing as I confronted the contents of the envelope. This wasn't the scenario I had planned, and anxiety crept in.

Probability of Paternity: 99.98%

The world seemed to pause, my own emotions momentarily paralyzed by the undeniable truth before me. He knew now.