28 celebration

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆

☾ ⋆・゚:⋆・゚:✧⋆.:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Taemin's POV,

Since the day of the photoshoot, I've settled into a routine of meeting and playing with Yongrae exclusively at Bomi's house. Naeun has made it abundantly clear that bringing him to my house or visiting her place is no longer safe.

Jihoon, Naeun, Bomi, and I have been taking turns picking up Yongrae from his preschool. Today, I used the key code to enter Bomi's house since she's not home. Yongrae followed me inside.

"I'll heat up some food for us. We'll wait for your mom to join us," I told Yongrae, reassuring him that Naeun would be joining us soon. He simply nodded and settled onto the couch, engrossed in the TV.

As I prepared the table, the doorbell rang, and I knew it had to be Naeun. I hurried to answer it. "Bomi's not here right now. It's just Yongrae and me," I informed her.

Naeun nodded, saying, "I know. I saw the group chat." She walked in, greeted Yongrae with a cheerful smile, and asked him, "How was your day?" Her voice filled with genuine curiosity, aimed at her son.

I left them to catch up and went back to the kitchen to finish setting up our meal. I could hear their voices drifted from the living room. But soon enough, Naeun's voice broke through the background chatter as she wandered into the kitchen.

"What are you making?" Naeun inquired, curiosity lining her tone as she approached me.

"I picked up some food on my way here after getting Yongrae. We can have it together later," I replied, carrying a plate to the table. Seeing her willingness to help, I added, "You don't have to help. There's not much left for me to do anyway."

She shook her head, gathering the utensils, and brought them on the table. Her actions spoke of a burdened mind. Sensing this, I couldn't hold back my curiosity any longer. "Is there something you want to talk about?" I asked, my brow slightly furrowing.

"Later," she replied with a somewhat awkward smile. As we set the table, I called Yongrae over to join us. We shared the meal as a trio, and once we had finished, I cleared the plates and loaded them into the dishwasher. Glancing at Naeun, who was fidgeting with her fingers at the corner of the tabletop, I couldn't resist asking, "So, what's on your mind?"

She straightened up, her gaze now focused on me, as though summoning the courage to reveal her thoughts. "I need a favor from you," she said, her words hanging in the air.

I nodded, anticipating what she had to say. "The launch event is just a few days away, right? I want to send Yongrae to my parents' place," she explained, her gaze unwavering as it met mine. Her fingers continued their nervous dance on the edge of the table. "I have a bad feeling about this, and I think it's best for him to stay there for a while," she added, her voice tinged with worry.