The road to healing

Start from the beginning

Almost immediately at their presence, Hati flinched, scrunched his maw, and threw his head back at their scent. They absolutely reeked of alcohol. It smelled like Thor himself just walked into the yard.

"The heck happened to them!?"

Angrboda: "Best guess is that they wanted to cope with their guilt and Rossweisse introduced them to her way of doing that."

I looked at them all in the ground...how could anyone take something like Ethan's memories so hard? Like you did care for him and ended up making him depressed without you even noticing it, but like...actually try to fix it instead of just beating yourself up over it!

What's weird is that Koneko was here, and she was extra locked down on trying it—not only because she was younger, but it would mean guys might try to take advantage of her—something she obviously dislikes immensely. Also Xenovia and Irina were there...why?

I couldn't even find the words to say.

Akeno: "Ethan...p-ple—ease....for-give...mee..."

Looking at the Queen of the peerage, she was flinching, and moving around as if she was in immense pain in response to something—which was unnerving to see knowing her S&M side was somehow not present.

Hati: "That's...not a good thing to hear."

I nodded in agreement while Angrboda sighed.

Angrboda: "Hati, please take them to their rooms."

Hati: "But they—"

Angrboda glared at her grandson and he immediately shut up.

Hati: "Yes ma'am..."

He reluctantly summoned a chilly wind that carried all of them and then proceeded to walk into the house in order to bring the knocked out peerage with him.

Angrboda: "So, how was your nap?"

I gave her a small side glance before looking back to the house.

"Pretty good...didn't mean to fully fall asleep into the middle of the night...sorry about not being able to help with them."

I looked at her to see that she was going the exact same thing I was, staring at the house.

"Wouldn't you like to rest? Today has been a pretty long day for you right?"

Angrboda chuckled before shaking her head.

Angrboda: "I'll be fine. I've gone longer without sleep. Part of being an individual on par with some gods."

I scoffed.

"Must be nice."

Angrboda: "I guess so now...back then sleep wasn't something I wanted at all."

I looked at her.

"I'm guessing the attack that killed Kratos and Laufey stood in your mind?"

Angrboda looked to Fenrir and Sköll sleeping in a makeshift hut on the side of the yard.

Angrboda: "Not only that...but my children were now permanently in danger. I did not want to be asleep and out of condition if something ever did happen to them."