The road to healing

Start from the beginning

Recently, I've also been getting some really weird high pitched ringing in my head that hurts like absolute hell whenever it does happen. I've talked to Hel about it, but she didn't seem to have a clue on what was going on. How long has it been since Ethan transformed into Ifrit...? It doesn't feel like a week have passed—it felt more like a month.

Most days when I arrived home from school, I was exhausted and proceeded to take a nap on the ground, and today was no different for me. In fact I took the longest nap I have ever taken in my entire life.

When I woke up, it was the middle of the night. Sighing at the realization that my sleep schedule was screwed, I slowly brought myself out of bed and began to go down to the front yard to pay a visit to Ethan.

Yet when I opened the door, a sinking feeling began to rise in my stomach that something was off. I couldn't ignore it, so I went up to Issei's room to verify if I was actually sensing something or it was my brain being lethargic.

Propping open the door, I looked to see Asia and Issei sleeping together in the bed...but no one else...that's concerning. Quickly checking the other rooms, Kiba was sound asleep, but Gasper and Hel were strangely missing as well.

"Maybe...I'm just overdramatizing this...gotta check with Hati."

I specifically went to check with Hati since he made a habit of staying up all night looking at his prey while sleeping during the day. Sure enough, when I did enter the backyard, the blue-eyed black son of Fenrir was plopped down in the middle of the backyard staring up at the moon.

To be honest, the backyard was still a bit tough to look at after everything that transpired here. Scorch marks from the flames Ethan created were still bright as day even in the middle of the night, and the recovered holes of impact craters were still apparent to me.

Echoes of Ethan's words during his fight with Loki rang in my head as I finally got to Hati's position.

"Hey...um...Hati?"

The giant wolf's ears perked up and his eyes widened before he turned his head down to me.

Hati: "Oh! Sorry Princess...I didn't see you there."

I rolled my eyes.

"I told you to stop calling me that. Remember it being an insult to me? Besides, we aren't even in Alfheim."

Hati shifted uncomfortably before clearing his throat.

Hati: "Sorry about that..."

I waved my hand aside.

"All's forgiven."

"Anyway Leia, what are you doing up at such a late hour?"

"Most of the peerage is not in the household. Do you have any idea on where they are?"

Hati: "Ah yes, the peerage! They all left at about...10:00 pm I want to say?"

"Were they supposed to be back by now?"

Hati looked up at the moon's position before his expression dropped.

Hati: "Aunt Hela said she would be looking over them all...although I don't think they should be nearly this late."

"Crap..."

The sound of a magic spell being curated caught my attention and we both turned up to see Angrboda looking exhausted while seeing everyone in the peerage collapsed on the ground.