Chapter 3: Visit

"What's wrong, Reyna?!" Will asked for the 100th time already. She wouldn't tell him, it was as if the answer was worse than anyone would think. She just kept walking towards the Hades Cabin. She halted in front of the door, Will almost running into her.

"I have a visitor," she said as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. At least, that's what she was going for, but her real tone, one of nervousness, was peeking out. He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Who?"

"I already got the others in here."

"Reyna, tell me who." Will pleaded. The door opened, revealing a shooken Percy, "Reyna, what is he doing here?"

Now Will was even more confused, but now also concerned: Percy Jackson was shaken to the bone. "Percy? Who's 'he'?" No answer. Will wouldn't take silence as an answer, so he pushed by Percy and Reyna, ignoring their pleads for him to wait.

In the cabin was a male he had never seen before. He looked like Nico, just older and greasy hair. "Who are you? And why do you look like Nico?!" To say Will was confused was now an understatement, he was downright swimming in a pool of questions. Although, he couldn't deny that this strange man's aura was somehow making him feel a tad healthy.

The male answered, his voice chilling Will. "Some know me as Pluto. You know me as the King of the Underworld, Hades. But Nico knows me as 'Father'. Now, no need to introduce yourself, Will Solace, son of Apollo and my son's boyfriend." Will bowed quickly, feeling embarrassed. As he rose, he chuckled nervously, "Sorry about being rude, sir." The he realized how weird it was that he was feeling healthy in the presence of his exact opposite.

Hades looked at the others, telling them  with his eyes to leave the Cabin. They left, looking at Will nervously. "I'm sorry, sir. If you are looking for-"

"I know he's not here."

Will froze, how could Hades know Nico wasn't here. "I know he's not here, nor at Camp Jupiter. And I know he's not traveling or anywhere else currently." Will looked at him, questions flooding his eyes, ones that Hades nervously answered. "I sent Nico the prophecy. Not anyone else. Bob was getting loud, and I didn't think Nyx would get him."

Will hesitantly moved closer, eyes asking a question he was to nervous to ask. But there was no need to ask, as Hades opened his arms for a hug, one that Will gave him. Hades hugged Will back, slowly bonding over the disappearance of Nico di Angelo.

Once the hug was over, Hades proudly said something out of the blue. "Like Persephone, you have my blessing to date my son." Will started choking, his face as red as a tomato. Hades started laughing. Once Will stopped coughing, the son of Apollo asked one question. "I know this is extremely negative, but what if Nico doesn't come back, what if he's already dead?"

Hades looked at him with empathy. "I understand where you are coming from, but... no, don't want to ruin it."

Will looked up, "Ruin what, sir?" Hades smiled at him. "A surprise." With that, they started talking about random things, just getting to know each other. But, like every father, Hades just had to threaten Will with the promise of 'hurt him and I kill you'.

Over time, the others seemed to have gotten concerned about how long their meet was, and opened the door. Upon seeing Will and Hades talking like friends, Percy's jaw touched the floor. So did Chiron's and Annabeth's.

Mr. D just laughed and gave the two drinks, and joined in their conversation. The ones whose jaws dropped left the building. The three were just talking like good buddies when it was time to eat. Will left, waving with a genuine smile, Mr. D following after a minute.