Chapter 11 - Cabin Getaway

Start from the beginning

To be honest I was too shy to wear a bikini in front of Drew. I always hid the birthmark on my stomach. It stretched from my waist to just above my bellybutton in a sort of oval shape. I don't know why, but I've always felt too shy to showcase it. I mean it's just something on my skin, but in a way it made me feel like my skin was ruined. As if my skin wasn't as perfect as other women. It saddened me to think that I couldn't love my body for the way that it is. I guess is women always found something we didn't like about their body. It's probably the one thing we all share, that we once upon a time didn't like some part of our bodies. It's a never ending cycle.

Maybe one day I'd be comfortable enough in my own body to wear whatever I wanted. It was at this moment that I wished I was more confident, like Lexi was.

I shrugged the terrible thoughts away and decided to focus on the present. All that mattered was enjoying my time with Drew.

I stepped out of the bedroom just as Drew exited the bathroom only in his swim shorts. I took in his muscular chest and my cheeks started to burn. He stared at me with awe. His reaction made me feel like a giddy little kid. It was almost enough to make me reconsider wearing a bikini. He broke out of his stare and smirked at me.

"Like what you see?" He smirked as he leaned against the wall of the hallway and crossed his arms.

"Very much so." I said with a smile as I walked closer to him and brushed my fingers over his chest. I looked up at Drew and he had this dark glint in his eyes. As if he was ravenous. A dirty thought entered my mind and I blushed at the thought. I took his hand in mine.

"Lead the way, hotshot." I grinned as he tugged me down the hallway to the hot tub.

Drew opened the glass doors and cold air hit us instantly.

It was late summer so a chill had begun picking up in the air. Summer had flown by so fast. The nights were a little colder than when I first arrived in Evermount Springs. It was the perfect weather to sit in the hot tub.

We walked to the hot tub on the wooden patio. I looked at the hot tub and saw that it was already up and running. Drew must have switched it on before he went to get dressed.

Drew climbed in first testing to see if the water temperature was okay. He nodded at me and I dipped my toe in the water, before fully entering the hot tub. The bubbles and heated water warmed me up till into my spine. I took a seat across from Drew and looked at the beautiful scenery.

It was dark out already, but I could still see the outlines of the large oak trees. I looked up at the sky and saw stars. It was a luxury to see so many of them. In the city, the view of the stars were washed away by tall buildings and city lights.

I noticed it was quiet and turned to Drew who was looking at me with a strange look in his eyes. I couldn't place it. It was like awe, except it was something more.

"Thank you for bringing me here and showing me all this." I said as I gestured to the cabin and the stars.

"Of course. You deserve the world and I am determined to give it to you." He picked up my hand and pressed a kiss on it.

We stared at each other for a moment. Both of us not knowing what to say. Drew's eyes moved down to my lips and back to my eyes again. I couldn't stop myself as my eyes drifted to his lips as well. I bit my lip and moved closer to him. I sat right next to him and he put his one hand on my upper thigh. He brushed his thumb over my thigh gently.

"Eloise," He breathed.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

He continued. "I really want to kiss you right now." He said with a husky voice almost as if he was restraining himself.