ch. 14

"Leviathan...my Dominant?" you questioned, confusion threading through your tone.

"Foolish speck, are you truly so futile?" Leviathan's voice echoed as the creature's head drew nearer. Beside its immense form, you now had a clearer view of one of its eyes, glaring a bright yellow as it locked onto yours. "Knowledge of the Eikons shall be bestowed upon you."

You inhaled, the realization dawning that you could breathe underwater once again. Bubbles escaped your nostrils as you exhaled, giving the Hydrean your undivided attention.

"Many millennia ago, a deity unearthed what is now spoken as magick. Driven by the Blight, this harbinger of chaos was compelled to journey to Valisthea," Leviathan began.

"A deity?" you interjected, deepening your confusion.

"This god retained its physical form but, decaying, was compelled to shed. To forge a new realm of salvation, it needed rejuvenation by birthing the Mothercrystals to siphon the land's aether. Thus, this god sowed the seed of all humanity. From these humans, nine were bestowed divine power, known as Dominants. They wield the might of Eikons, much like yourself."

"What of the other Eikons?" you pressed, seeking further understanding.

"Warden of the wind, her aerial wings unleash powerful gales extending far beyond; Garuda. Striker of the sky and the earth below, resonating with thunder's mighty roar; Ramuh. Ruler of the earth, unleashing bouldering strength in his rage; Titan. Dragon of the skies, soaring through clouds with luminous brilliance; Bahamut. Controller of ice, her frost paralyzes with the coldest of snaps, unyielding to thaw; Shiva. King of darkness, traversing the land with his armored steed, casting shadows with a dancing steel; Odin. Wielder of flames, soaring through winds, healing through fiery embrace; Phoenix. Demon of inferno, a second Eikon of fire kindling endless hellfires, inextinguishable; Ifrit."

Ifrit...Clive...I understand now...

"At last, Goddess of the seas, I command the waters, wielding balance through destruction and alleviation. The oceans, in humble obeisance, bow to my every command. Through ripples and tides, I draw forth power from the ancient currents below. You now perceive me as Leviathan," the Eikon declared.

You beheld the giant-scaled creature, suspended steadily before you, as the pieces of the puzzle began to interlock within your mind.

"Should this mean you and I are now one?", you inquired.

"Fool. You are but unworthy flesh. There is no alliance between you and I. Weak fleck, you have only been bestowed a glimpse of my power," the creature answered, almost offended.

You furrowed your brows, tightening your fists that barely floated by your side. "Yet you continue to intrude my dreams."

"Disruption of your rest is indifferent, for truth has revealed through me. This realm is emphatically far from such drowsy illusions."

So it is true then. They were never really dreams...

"But... Why me?" you inquired of the Hydrean.

"I know not of the chosen host, for I was meant to be banished by the line of Eikons," Leviathan replied.

"Banished?" you questioned, confusion etching your expression.

Leviathan has mention being a...Lost Eikon?

"What did you mean by Lost Eikon?" you asked.

"The knowledge for such should delay. Ifrit and Shiva call out to you. Rise and proceed onward. We shall meet again," Leviathan concluded before the sea creature's eyes shined brightly once again.