"And besides, the duke and I are said to be courting. The que-your mother granted us her blessings." She added. 

"Is that what you wish to believe?" I cornered her. The rising and falling of her chest was one of my main concerns. I had been fighting the urge to look at them. And her lips... 

I shall have a taste of them for sure. There was no one here to see, for it would be considered a scandal if we were discovered and I refuse to defile her honor.

"Now pray tell me. Will you be my bride?" Our faces were merely inches apart, our lips almost touching. I held my breath awaiting her answer.

"I-I-I. You can't possibly mean that. You want me to be your bride, the future queen of this kingdom?"

"Of course. I didn't stutter." Fisting my hands at my side to refrain from touching her. It was taking everything in me to keep to myself at this point. She was simply breathtaking.

"What about the duke?"

"You'd rather be a duchess than a queen?"

"No. Not that, it's not about the power or title. You barely know me." She looked deep into my eyes with a sense of dismay.

"Yes. I barely know you and I want to know you. I've only wanted to know you ever since I saw you sneaking towards me barefooted. Your broken shoes in your hands, your hair tousled. Even at that you are the most beautiful maiden I have set my eyes on. I doubted my feelings last night, but here we are again." 

Slightly brushing her hair to the side, I felt her shiver, a small gasp leaving her throat as her eyes shuttered.

"Tell me you don't feel anything and I will let you be."

Her eyes flew open. "Wha-you're doing this on purpose. What do you want from me?"

"I want you."

"You cannot want me. We just met." She said bewildered.

"I know. Take your time, think about it. I will make arrangements for your arrival." 

She gave me a half smile. I doubt she was going to think about it. Either way, I had never been the one to back down. I want her and I will have her.

As my Queen.

"I have to go home." She announced stepping away from me. Only then did I notice she had no shoes on. Again.

Her feet were wrapped in soft linen which had gotten dirty. She was limping and she tried to hide her pain. 

"Stop." 

She halted without sparing me a glance. I picked her up, earning a small scream from her. She was surprisingly heavy.

"I can walk, I have legs and they are working perfectly fine." She protested hitting my chest.

"Quiet, little one" I shushed her ignoring her harmless protest.

"Uh. Little one, me? For your information mister, I am more capable than you are. We were only deceived by nature, because you have a bigger form than I." She said clearly offended.

"You think I am big for nothing?"

"I don't think, I know. Tell me if you know a thing or two about..." She searched around looking for something. "Ah ha, swimming or fishing? I doubt you can do anything."

"I assure you I know that and many more. We have time on our side, you will see for yourself." I wasn't much of a talker, but she makes me want to tell her a lot of things. Everything.