Fated to Meet (2)

Start from the beginning

Being the biggest and strongest Pack in the state had its ups and down. It felt like they were constantly having to expand their Territory. There were nearly 100 people living in the Main House, almost 400 others scattered around the rest of the area.

Micah sighed to himself, a smile on his face. Opening the driver side door, he plopped in, putting on his seatbelt. Axel followed suit, clicking his own seatbelt into place in the passenger seat before fiddling with the stereo.

They started on their way, watching the trees pass by in the peaceful atmosphere. Axel filled Micah in on various things regarding the meeting.

Mostly, it was about keeping the peace and negotiating a Territory shift, especially since the RedMoon Pack was the second strongest in the state. They could even potentially trade resources.

Micah found the whole thing to be dreadfully boring, having no real interest in conversing with Alpha Dave. He would rather keep away from such a man, a terrible reputation following him around.

The rumors about the RedMoon Pack traveled throughout the state, but no formal complaints had been received so there was no investigation.

If the rumors were true, the things Dave got away with were despicable. Micah could hardly believe it.

The drive was comfortable, both Axel and Micah enjoying the wind blowing through the trees and the music filling the silence. They had grown up together, Axel's family being close to Micah's. They had practically taken Micah in when his father died. Axel would smile when thinking back on those days, at how much of a mess Micah had been.

Losing his father and having to become an Alpha at such an early age, even before his first shift at 18, took its toll on Micah. It weighed him down, Axel could tell. He tried to support Micah as best he could. Watching him lose 4 of his 5 potential mates was hard, too. He took the most recent one the hardest, but that was almost 2 years ago now.

Axel got torn from his thoughts when Micah's hand rested on his thigh. The two-hour drive blowing by faster than he realized.

"We're here." He said it with a smile, leaving Axel to wonder how Micah could carry it all.

Returning his smile, Axel said,

"Let's go then."

They both exited the vehicle, taking in their surroundings. Alpha Dave's Pack house was huge, almost as big as theirs back home. The Territory was big too, not seeing another house for miles in the empty field, trees encasing them.

Micah and Axel walked up to the front door together, where Alpha Dave and Beta Jackson stood waiting, their shoulders nearly touching.

"Alpha Micah, good to see you." Dave spoke politely upon meeting them, outstretching his hand for Micah to take.

"Alpha Dave, I could say the same." Micah took his hand, giving it a firm shake, pressing his lips together. He couldn't understand how Dave could still be an Alpha. He seemed older, little to no hair atop his head, a slight gut spilling out over his pants. His eyes bore, nothing in them. A smile that didn't seem genuine stretching his lips. Why hadn't his child taken over for him yet? Were they not of age or did he not have one to begin with?

Micah tried not to laugh at the thought, not doubting that even a mate of Dave's would refuse to lay with him. He wasn't necessarily attractive at all.

Axel cleared his throat at Micah's side, his impatience evident as he tried to move things along, clearly hating having to deal with small talk. Even more so than Micah.

"Oh, of course. Hello Beta, how are you?" Dave smiled kindly, extending his hand for Axel as well. Axel ignored it, meeting Dave's eyes before saying,

"I'm well, thank you. Shall we proceed?" Axel didn't wait for a response, pushing between the two and walking up to the door.