You're An Idiot...My Idiot

Request: this one y/n and Hermione are enemies but it's like a lily and james type of thing and when y/n gets injured during a quidditch game, she wakes up to Hermione watching her but pretends to be asleep as she talks about her.

The old 'confessing while you think they're asleep'...good troupe.

The reader is a Ravenclaw!

——————

Third Person P.O.V:

7th Year

Hermione sat in the bleachers with Luna as they watched the final Quidditch game of the season before the Championships. People cheered and booed all around them as they watched the Gryffindor VS Ravenclaw game.

Ron and Harry sped over the stands they kept their heads in the game, Harry soon took off towards another area as Ron stayed near the goal.

A flash of blue almost smacked Hermione in the face as it went by, but the familiar scent of a certain Ravenclaw made her eyes roll.

Y/n Y/l/n.

What was there to say about such a girl?

They weren't the best of friends, but they weren't enemies either. It's more like an artful dance of flirting and annoyance that they both have mastered around each other.

Hermione despised her arrogant and cocky attitude, with a fiery passion. The way she walked around like her shit didn't stink, always sent the Gryffindor up a wall.

Yet Y/n seemed to make it her life's mission is spin around the drain of Hermione's inner circle, almost like she wanted to be sucked into her presence even more.

The brunette wouldn't let that happen, just because Y/n was attractive, didn't mean Hermione had to give her a seat in her lifestyle.

"Y/n is very much showboating this game," Luna says as she watches her team zigzag around the field.

Hermione watched as the y/h/c girl seemed to be making a show as she chased after the golden snitch. She dodged wooden beams and pillars as she followed it closely, Harry was on her tail but seemed to be lagging behind.

"When doesn't she showboat?" Hermione grumbled as the blonde beside her gave a dreamy laugh.

"I've never understood your dislike for Y/n, I understand she can be a bit much, but she seems to genuinely enjoy your company," Luna says as people cheer around them because of a Gryffindor Chaser scoring a goal.

"She is so sleazy! Why would I entertain that type of person with my time?" Hermione says, to which Luna just shrugged. Her eyes looked at the brunettes for a moment but then flicked back to the game.

The tense grit in her jaw, how straight her back was, and the fiddling of her fingers gave Hermione away quite easily.

Luna had begun to spot Hermione at every Ravenclaw game since the beginning of the fifth year. It didn't matter if Gryffindor was playing or not, she never missed a game.

There had been a rumor going around that Y/n and Hermione were seen talking in an empty hallway, and it looked more like flirting than actual conversation.

Those rumors were quickly thwarted when everyone saw them back in their bickering behavior in the coming days.

"You fancy her" she states.

Hermione's eyes widened at the statement. That was outlandish! She had never felt any romantic feelings for Y/n!

Well...