Lives

Hermione's P.O.V:

"Come on Granger!"

I look up to see Y/n, she stood at the opening to the lake.

"Y/n, this is a very stupid idea" I say as I reach her and she smiles.

"You could always go back, I'll go by myself" she suggests and I shake my head.

"You're mental if you think I'm leaving you to defend yourself" I say and her smile grows.

"Awe, I knew you had a soft spot for me" she teases and I roll my eyes, an obvious blush on my cheeks.

"We've been dating for two years" I chime in as we descend to the lake.

"True, but who knows, this might just be an undercover operation" she pipes back and I snort, quickly covering my face.

"I love when you do that" she giggles as her hand extends to mine.

"I hate it, it only started when I started dating you" I mumble as I grasp her hand, she hums in response and pulls me along the shoreline.

After a moment of silence, she speaks again.

"Do you think we're together in other lives?" Y/n asks and I think for a moment.

"Maybe, why?" I ask and I watch as her smile returns with a chuckle.

"I like to think that we have a soul connection...no matter what reality we're in, we'll always love each other" she whispers and I smile, pulling her into my side, hugging her softly.

"I like that" I whisper back and she hums, reaching down and picking a flower from the ground.

"Grab one, please" she says and I nod, picking the other flower.

I watch as she grabs my hand, without a word she places a little peck on the petals of my flower.

"My grandmother use to tell me this story about lovers who picked flowers to signify each other and throw them into the lake by their house, watching them float away as a form of a wish. They both hoped to find each other in their next life...The man on day kissed the petals of the flower his love found, when she asked him why, he responded by saying; 'Even if we don't find each other in our other lives, I want you to know that I the flower that I kiss will spread the love I have for you all over the land'. They both started this little tradition of kissing each other's flowers before throwing them into the lake. Sadly the man went to war, never to return to his love. The women was heart broken, her once happy nature was replaced with sadness. After months of grieving, she went back to the lake, only to find something amazing." She pauses and I look at her with curiosity.

"What was it?" I ask and she chuckles.

"The shoreline of the once bare lake had been surrounded by the flowers they had promised to each other, thousands of them around the body of water." She finishes and I think for a moment.

"Did they ever find each other again?" I ask and she nods, a small smile forming.

"The women had become a florist in the next life, and the man had come in for a bouquet for his mother when their eyes met. Everything they shared form their first life together came rushing back to them" she whispers with a grin and I smile back.

"That was a beautiful story" I say as I take her hand and gently kiss the flowers petals.

Y/n watches me with a soft gaze and throws the flower into the lake, I follow her actions and we watch as they float away together.

I don't know how long we watched the flowers for but a sudden question bugs my mind.

"What do you think our next life together will be like?" I ask as I look up to her, she shrugs.

"I have no clue...but maybe something like soap opera drama" she says and I laugh.

"Like what?" I ask and she chuckles.

"Maybe I'm sick and I spend my Last Moments With You" she says and I roll my eyes.

"As The World Caves In around me from grief? That's evil Y/n" I say with a playful smile and she laughs.

"You're the one who asked" she defends and I nod.

"That's true, but no matter what lives we have after this, I want to spend them together" I whisper as I press a soft kiss to her lips.

"I do too"

"From this life too?"

"From every life we get"