Aren't They Beautiful?

Your P.O.V:

I leaned against the astronomy tower railing as I gazed at the ground.

My mind was racing with thoughts, all them screaming at me to jump the railing that was between me and freedom.

Should I do it?

Would I be missed?

Is my life really that bad?

Would-

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Asks a voice.

I turn to find Hermione Granger, my girlfriend, her eyes are darting around my face as I stand there surprised.

I didn't think she would come up here this late into the night.

"Uh...couldn't sleep" I say and she nods, soon walking and standing next to me.

As I turn back at the ground, I could see a small smile on her face as she stared at the sky.

"Aren't they beautiful?" She asks and I look up at the black void, only to see it punctured with holes that we call stars.

"Uh, yeah" I say and she sighs.

"I know a cute story about that constellation right there if you would like to know it" she says pointing to a bunch of stars and I nod, why not?

"That's Andromeda and that's..." she trails off as she points to a different cluster of stars.

"Perseus, Perseus was among the most celebrated heroes in Greek mythology. The child of the god Zeus and a mortal woman named Danaë, Perseus lived a life of adventure. Among the most famous of his exploits was killing the snake-haired monster, Medusa, whose gaze turned anyone it fell upon to stone. His bride, Andromeda, was a princess, the daughter of the King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia." She says and I nod, I feel her lean into me as she talks.

"The lovers met when the gods chained Andromeda to a rock to be devoured by Cetus, a sea monster, as a punishment to Cassiopeia, who was so vain and boastful about her immense beauty that she claimed to be even more beautiful than the Nereids, the daughters of the sea-god Poseidon." She continues and I watch her side profile, her smile starting to make my lips turn into one as well.

"Perseus, who was flying home on his winged horse, Pegasus, with the head of Medusa in a magical bag, came upon the girl as she was about to be devoured. He struck a deal with Cepheus and Cassiopeia that if he saved Andromeda from the monster, he would win the right to marry her." She says as she looks back at me, our eyes caught.

"Unfortunately, after Perseus slew the monster, he learned that Andromeda's hand had already been promised to another man. Soon, the two were locked in battle for the right to marry the princess." She pauses and looks back at his constellation.

"Perseus, outnumbered, finally bested his opponent by pulling out the head of Medusa and turning him to stone, and he and Andromeda lived happily ever after. When they finally died at a ripe old age, the gods placed them, as well as the monster, the winged horse, and Andromeda's parents, in the sky as a lesson for the ages." She ends her story and I give her a soft smile as I look back at the sky.

"What was the lesson?" I ask and she leans into me more as she looks back at me.

"That no matter how hard and unfair your battle may be, you can always find a way to win it...I think, that's at least what I get from the story" she says and I nod, looking back at the ground.

"That's a nice way of looking at it" I say and she nods.

As we stand next to each other, I feel as if she wants to ask me something.

"You never told me why you came up here" I ask and she looks at the ground.

"I was looking for you, something in my gut told me to find you" she says and I smile.

"I found your note when I snuck into your dorm" she says and I feel my heart drop into my stomach.

"Hermione-" I'm cut off when I look over to find tears forming in her eyes.

"I should've seen how much pain you're in" she says as she places her hand on mine.

"I know it's selfish for me to ask but...can you stay?" She asks as she looks into my eyes, I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"As much as you think you're not wanted...I couldn't think of wanting anyone else but you" she says and I feel my eyes start to water.

"Darling...I may not know what your purpose is in life, but I know part of it is to spend your days enjoying what you love." She whispers as she wraps me in her arms.

"I love you" I whisper and she giggles with a sniffle soon after.

"Well I would hope so" she whispers into my ear, we rock back and forth as we hold each other.

"As beautiful as stars are...I never want you to become one" she says and I laugh.

"Why do you say that?" I ask and she hugs me tightly.

"A soul as beautiful as yours? The gods would definitely turn you into the most stunning constellation" she says and I chuckle.

We pull away and we both stare back into the sky, our bodies keeping each other warm as we spend the rest of the night, talking about everything and nothing.

"I love you Y/n"

"I love you too Hermione"