You didn't have to do that...

Rhi looks back up at 142, still looking out in the distance in a haze so she uses her magic to give her some calming energy. She then stands up and offers her and out to her. "Come on, Valkyrie. We have work to do."

Val stands up and gestures down to Loki. "What should we do with him?"

Rhi sighs. "We need him."

"Alright then." Val picks up Loki and throws him over her shoulder. "Follow me."

*  *  *

Loki groans as he finally sits up on the couch and looks around.

"Welcome back, mischief."

"Where are we?"

"Val's apartment." Loki looks at her confused. "142." Rhi clarifies. "She's getting Thor and Hulk and meeting us back here, so we can finally leave and get back to Asgard. They should be back any minute now."

Loki only hums in response. Rhi sits down on the couch next to him and they sit in awkward silence for a bit.

"I guess this is the last time we're going to see each other, then?" Loki only nods in response. "Unless...you want to come with us."

"I...can't."

Rhi sighs and places her hand over Loki's. "I know."

Rhi goes to get up, but Loki grabs her hands and pulls her back down onto his lap, and wraps his arms tightly around her.

"Loki! What are you-"

"Stay here with me...please." Loki pleads softly.

"No, Loki." She sighs.

"You won't be safe out there...no one is. Not while he's still out there."

Rhi gently cups his face. "Then come with me. After we take down Hela, we can go after him...together."

"Facing Thanos, means facing certain death."

"Then we'll die together!"

"No!" Loki shouts before taking a deep breath and placing his hand over hers on his face. "I can't ask that of you...you've already given up far too much for my sake."

"At least this time, we can properly say goodbye to one another." Rhi sighs and leans her forehead against his. "Goodbye, Loki."

"Farewell..."

They stay like that in each other's arms until they hear the doors to Val's apartment open.

"Rhi?"

Rhi looks up to see Bruce standing in the doorway. "Bruce! You're back!" She shouts as she runs over to him and gives him a hug.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" Bruce asks as he pulls away.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you about it later."

"Hello, Bruce." Loki says as he walks up to them.

Bruce nods. "Loki."

"Alright." Val starts up. "Sakaar and Asgard are  about as far apart as any two known systems. Our best bet is a wormhole, just outside of city limits. Refuel on Xandar and we can be back in Asgard in...18 months."

"Nope." Thor interjects. "We are going through the big one." Thor points out the window to a giant red glowing portal.

" Thor points out the window to a giant red glowing portal