Chapter 39

Rhi wakes up later that night, gasping from a nightmare. She traces one of the scars on her arms as she checks her surroundings.

She's still on Sakaar and in Loki's bed. The bed, empty...a feeling she had come accustomed to.

Rhi hears the bathroom door open and Loki come out with only a pair of sweatpants on, drying his hair with a towel.

"Loki?"

He chuckles with a hint of confusion. "Who else would it be?"

Rhi gets up, rushes over to him, and wrap her arms tightly around him. Loki tenses for a moment, surprised by her actions, but ultimately wraps his arms around her.

"It's alright." He says softly. "Did you have a nightmare? Or was it another vision?"

"Nightmare." She whispers.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She shakes her head and holds him a little tighter, so Loki starts stroking up and down her back for comfort, pausing when he feels the fabric of the oversized t-shirt that she was wearing he pulls back a bit.

"Is this one of my old t-shirts?"

"Maybe..." She says shyly.

"Thanks for keeping it safe for me." He says while he tugs at it playfully.

She pulls away and crosses her arms over her chest. "Finders keepers."

"Give it back, darling...or you'll regret it." He warns playfully.

She takes a few steps back and smirks at him "Make me."

"You've been warned."

Loki walks her backwards until she falls onto his bed. There, he straddles her lap and grabs her hands with one of his and moves them above her head. With her arms and legs now pinned, Loki uses his other hand to start tickling her.

Rhi bursts out with laughter. "Loki! Stop! Please!"

"Are you going to give me back my shirt?"

"No!"

"Suit yourself." Loki keeps on ticking her up and down her body.

With tears now streaming down her eyes and finding it hard to breathe, Rhi finally caves in.

"Ok ok. I yield! You can have your shirt back!"

Loki finally relents and helps her sit back up and pulls her in for a hug. "Feel better?"

"Yes, thank you."

"You can keep the shirt."

"I know." She whispers.

They sit there in silence for a moment in each other's arms, until Rhi speaks up again.

"I'm not interested in Thor." She says barely above a whisper.

"I know." Loki says softly as he tucks a piece of her hair behind her ear. "And you're no more of a whore, than I am."

They both chuckle and sit in silence again.

"You don't want to leave Sakaar, do you?"

Loki lets out a deep sigh. "Rhiannon..."

"It's ok. I understand." She pulls away to look up at him. "After all...this place is perfect for you. It's savage, chaotic, lawless...you'll do great here."

Even though he would probably never admit it, Rhi knew the real reason why Loki wanted to stay on Sakaar. And that reason, was Thanos.

Sakaar is a planet that lives on both the edge of the known and unknown. A place almost no one knows about, making it the perfect hiding place from the mad titan.

"Do you truly think so little of me?"

"Loki, I thought the world of you." Rhi pauses for a moment to blink back tears. "I thought you were my soulmate. That you and I would travel the realms...start a family...grow old together. But at the end of the day it seems...we weren't meant to be after all."

"Yeah." He smiles sadly as he wipes the tears that were beginning to fall from her eyes. "It's probably for the best, we both move on and never see each other again."

"Yeah..."

Loki gently cups her face. "You'll alway hold a special place in my heart, mitt vakre lys."

She nods and smiles sadly. "As will you."

"Come, let's get you back to bed. We have a busy day tomorrow."

Rhi lays down on Loki's bed. He goes to lay on the couch, but she grabs his hand before he gets too far.

"Stay...please." She softly pleads

He smiles and lays in bed next to her where the fall asleep snuggled in each others arms.

************************************************

A/N: short chapter, but I felt like this little moment deserved it own separate part.