12.- A Camp in Another World

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Gum, are you chickening out already?" Bakugo interjected, pulling her out of her thoughts. Only then did she realize that her eyes were starting to well up.

She quickly composed herself and gave him a challenging look.

"Me? If I were you, I'd be more careful about what you say. You might fall behind if this is a survival exercise" Sakura taunted.

"What did you say?!" Bakugo shouted, sparks crackling from his hands.

Before he could lunge at Sakura, Kirishima grabbed his shoulder and began talking to him, so Sakura took the opportunity to escape and join the group of girls.

"Ah, Sakura-san, did you bring everything you need for the camp?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Yes, I brought some things because we don't know what we'll be doing" Sakura replied, opening her travel backpack to reveal a flashlight with spare batteries, her weapon kit, various medicine vials and gauze, insect repellent, and even a scroll.

"Wow, it looks like you're prepared for a survival exercise!" Jiro commented as she took one of the sharp kunai.

"Well, if it's necessary, we know who to stick with" Toru quipped.

Sakura raised her eyebrows as she looked at the girls' backpacks, which seemed to be filled with snacks, magazines, makeup, and treats. Was this really a summer camp?

"Isn't Class 1-A supposed to be the best?" Monoma appeared along with other Class B members. "Haha, it's a shame not everyone passed the exam. Weren't you supposed to be better than Class B? Doesn't it seem strange?"

Monoma continued talking until Kendo hit him on the neck and apologized. Students from both classes began to mingle and talk to those they had gotten along with during the Sports Festival. Sakura approached Kendo and Monoma.

"Don't mind him; Monoma loves to tease, but he's harmless" Kendo told them.

"Alright, he wouldn't be Monoma if he weren't like that," Sakura responded with a shrug. Somehow, Monoma's odd attitude made her feel more comfortable, even more than her own classmates, as it reminded her of the nine rookies.

Shortly after, the trucks arrived, and Kendo said goodbye, taking Monoma with her. Iida instructed them to form an orderly line to board, so Sakura joined her fellow students.

"You get along with Class 1-B," Todoroki commented from the front of the line.

"Not just because they were the competition in the sports festival doesn't mean they're our enemies. Everyone aspires to be heroes, and teamwork is crucial for success," she said, proudly recalling Kakashi-sensei's teachings.

Todoroki's eyes sparkled.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Sakura asked, touching her cheek.

"No, I was just thinking of you" Sakura blushed like a grenade at her response. "I thought you might say something similar. During the event, you cheered for Midoriya and me before the old man. Many here are individualists and only think about being number one, but you think about being the best in a team."

Sakura opened and closed her mouth several times, not knowing what to say. Sometimes, Shoto could be as perceptive and observant as he was clueless and innocent, leaving her speechless.

"Are you alright? Your face is red" Todoroki asked as he reached for Sakura's forehead, from which a small breath of cool air flowed, indicating he was using his Quirk.

Immediately, Sakura withdrew her hand and took a step back. She stammered a bit before clearing her throat. She wanted to slap herself for feeling like Hinata in her natural state.