whats wrong? 💕

tw: mentions of the loss of a loved one so if you don't want to read about that please skip this chapter 🫶
——————-
you and taylor were about to settle into bed and go to sleep. you told taylor to go up to bed because you were hungry and wanted a snack.

just as you grabbed a chocolate bar you heard your phone ringing. given you'd just turned the lights off downstairs, you stumbled over to your phone through the dark, tripping over a few things a couple of times.

"god who is calling at this time?" you grumbled to yourself, just wanting to go and snuggle with taylor at this point. you looked at the number on the screen and it was a number you didn't really recognise. confused, you answered and held the phone up to your ear

"hello?" you spoke into the phone. "hello, is this y/n y/ln?" the woman spoke. confused was an understatement, you'd never heard this voice before and was completely lost as to who she was.

"yeah, who is this?" you replied. "i'm dr. smith, i'm calling to inform you that your grandmother sadly passed away this morning. she suffered a brain bleed after a car crash" the doctor said.

you could've swear you felt your heart stop at her words and a moment of silence hung as tears fell from your eyes. "ma'am are you still there?" the doctor spoke.

"y-yeah, thanks for letting me know" you responded with a shaky voice and a few sniffles in between. "i'm so sorry for your loss, is there anyone you could talk to right now? someone to comfort you?" the doctor asked you.

"yeah there is, thankyou. have a good evening" you said before exchanging goodbyes and hanging up.

you felt like someone had just ripped your heart out of your chest, you never expected this to happen. it had been around 10 minutes and taylor was probably wondering where you were, so you stumbled your way up the stairs.

as taylor heard your footsteps approaching the door she sat up a bit, waiting for you to get into bed. "find something to eat?" she said as you were just approaching the doorway. you turned the corner and stood in the doorway for a few seconds.

taylor saw how upset you were and was at a loss for words as what to say or do. you rubbed your eyes and sobbed harder before running over to taylor and collapsing into her arms.

"hey, hey, hey. baby what's wrong?" she whispered comfortingly and rubbed your back up and down to try calm you down. she sat up with you in her arms and pulled away but kept her arms around you to look you in the eyes.

"darling talk to me, tell me what's wrong". she said with a sad pout on her face. "tay.." you started but your sobs took over.

"i'm right here, i'm listening baby" she said and laid a sweet kiss to your forehead. "my grandma... she's..dead" you said slowly through a choked sob.

"awh, my sweet girl i'm so sorry. i'm here don't worry" she comforted while pulling you back into the hug, and putting her hand on the back of your head and the other on your back, rubbing up and down.

"i can't believe she's gone tay" you cried into her chest. "i know baby, let it all out. im here for you" she said softly.

you moved over to your side of the bed and got under the covers with taylor. you immediately threw yourself into her arms, resting your head on her chest. the sound of her heartbeat was soothing to you, and stopped you from getting to overwhelmed.

when you cried a lot you tend to have a panic attack and taylor was aware of this so she was doing everything she could to make sure that doesn't happen. if that was just holding you while you listen to her heartbeat, then that's what she'd do.

you didn't stop crying but taylor's touch and comforting words was enough to make you fall asleep. when taylor realised your sobs and sniffles had stopped, she looked down at you and saw you were asleep.

you looked adorable but then she thought about the fact you'd just cried yourself to sleep in her arms, it made her sad but she was glad you were able to fall asleep.

she laid a kiss to your head and whispered "sweet dreams baby, love you" before laying her head back and falling asleep herself.

a/n: ik it's really short but i just felt like writing something like this so here it is

feel free to request something <3