band aids (mother imagine) (requested) ⚠️💕

a/n: this is a mother imagine and i'm gonna let you guys decide who the father is here bcs i have no clue who i should make it be :) - y/n is 15 here

⚠️also trigger warning: mentions of self harm, please don't read if it'll make you uncomfortable <3🫶
——————-

you woke up to the bright morning sunshine shining on your face, you slept well despite having an awful day yesterday.

today you and your mum were planning to have a nice day out and spend some quality time together and you were really looking forward to it. you rolled over but furrowed your eyebrows as you felt your arm stinging and burning like a bitch.

you pulled your sleeve up and saw the fresh cuts you made last night, you'd completely forgotten about it and couldn't really remember anything.

but all thoughts left your mind when your mum knocked on your door "y/n sweetie, you awake? can i come in?" she called from the other side of the door.

your heart skipped a beat at your mum almost finding out and you frantically pulled your sleeve back over the cuts "yeah, come in" you called back to her.

"hey honey, i'm thinking we could leave at 11?" she asked you. "yeah sure, just let me get ready and i'll be down for breakfast" you replied with the fakest smile on your face.

but your mum saw right through you "you okay?" she asked with a sweet voice. "yeah why would i not be?" you asked confused. "you seem upset, did something happen?" you could see the comforting and loving look in her eyes, but you could never tell her.

imagine how the world would respond to taylor swift's daughter being such a fuck up. at least that what you made of the situation, you thought she'd just get angry at you.

she sat on the edge of you bed as she knew something was up with you but she just couldn't figure out what. "come here, talk to me" she said while waving you over with her arm.

you moved to the edge of the bed and sat next to her. she wrapped her arm around your shoulder and was about to start talking until she turned to see the tears welling in your eyes.

"don't cry, what's wrong?" she asked in a sweet voice while rubbing your back. the tears started to fall from your eyes and your mum was quick to wrap you up in a tight hug, laying kisses to the top of your head.

when she pulled away she saw your sleeve slightly pulled up your arm, catching a glimpse of the cuts. she quickly took your arm into her hand, but was still gentle, and she pulled up your sleeve revealing the cuts.

"y/n..." she sighed sadly. she wasn't mad, but she was upset you didn't talk to her about whatever was bothering you. she slowly and carefully moved her thumb over the cuts but stopping when you winced in pain.

"sorry" she said and stopped touching them, given that she was just hurting you at this point. "i'm sorry mum" you spoked through your choked sobs.

"aw darling you don't need to apologise, everything's okay. i know things are hard but please try to talk to me instead okay? i'm always willing to help you no matter what, and so is dad. do you wanna talk about it?" she spoke with a reassuring tone.

"thanks mum, but i don't feel like talking right now" you whispered but she was still able to hear you.

"that's okay y/n, let's get you some band aids." she spoke before walking to the bathroom to grab a first aid kit.

she sat back down next to you and began to clean your cuts and place bandages on them, laying a kiss to each and every one of them.

"thanks, love you" you said when she had finished with the first aid kit.

"love you too my baby" she replied and wrapped you up into another warm hug.

a/n: first attempt at a mother imagine so sorry if it's bad. also i got kinda annoyed with it half way through so i just rushed though it, that's why it's so short😭

- it's not proof read so if it doesn't make sense then my bad😿

feel free to request something <3