6. the feast and the unknown.

Viserra's dress.

In her chambers after Daemon killed Vaemond

"It had been a long while since you were last here, dear niece", Aemond asked. He admired how well her dress suited her.

"We were quite content on Dragonstone, uncle. We returned only for the ridiculous notions set forth by Vaemond Velaryon".

"Ridiculous? All he said was the truth, you do not want to admit it because it challenges the claim your mother and you have to the throne".

She glared at him. If looks could kill, Aemond Targaryen would be no more.

"No need to be angered. It was not my intention dear niece",

"I sometimes find it difficult to control my emotions. I have my mother's joy and my fathers anger, in me they are always at war".

"None the less, I came to tell you congratulations on your nameday. You are officially a woman grown",

"You say that as if you are a man grown when in fact it is your idiotic brother. You are nothing but an overgrown boy".

He turned to walk away when he grabbed her and pushed her against the chamber wall. She grabbed his hands that were wrapped around her neck.

"I am more a man than he is, he is a drunken fool",

"Does, does doing this to me m-make you feel like a man", Viserra chuckled.

They shared a glare before he let go. As he was leaving, he came face to face with Jacaerys. The younger prince saw the red lines on his sisters neck, his jaw tensed as he looked at her face. Aemond walked around him and left to the feast.

"Did he hurt you vis?",

"I'm fine Jace, nothing your great older sister cannot handle. Now let us join everyone before we are late".

The two entered the room to see everyone already seated.

"Now that you are both here, we can begin", Viserys announced.

"Prayer before we begin?",
"Yes".

"May the mother look down on us all. To this blessing. And to Vaemond Velaryon".

Viserra snickered as she looked at her father.

"Now, I would like to congratulate darling Viserra on her nameday. And to my grandsons Jace and Luce on their engagement to their cousins, Baela and Rhaena", Viserys chimed.

"Yes congratulations princess. Now you are a woman grown you will need to find a betrothed like your brothers-",

"No", Daemon cut off Alicent's words.

"Brother-", Viserys whispered.

"I said no, she will not be sold off".

"Daemon, my love. You must calm yourself. Actually I wanted to wait until she is to ascend the throne after me. When the time comes for Viserra to be queen, then she will find a husband".