17

My birthday dinner at Olive Garden was pretty good. I had asked how they knew Olive Garden was one of my favorites and Lauren happily said she called Aunt Mary and found out. Of course the sperm donor wouldn't remember something like that. I should have known better. He probably wouldn't have even known it was my birthday without Lauren telling him.

   We talked a little while we waited on our food when Mike could get off of his phone long enough. Our conversation died down once we finally got our food. Mike seemed like he was pissed at Lauren for some reason but who knows with him. As far as I know, there's no reason for him to be pissed at her.

   I wish my mom would have been there for my 18th birthday. I miss her so much but Lauren tried to make sure it was a good day for me and it was actually pretty good, because of her. Mike on the other hand, is a different story. Don't get me wrong I appreciated the car but honestly he acted like my birthday was more of an inconvenience to him just like me.

   It's been a week since my birthday and Mike has talked to me a little more but he's not really talking to Lauren much now. I don't know what's going on between them but I don't want him treating her like crap just because she and I are friends, she doesn't deserve that. Hell he doesn't deserve her at all in my opinion, she is to good for him.

   I overheard Lauren talking to him the other night about me. She seems to be encouraging him to try and repair our relationship which I had figured was the reason he was talking to me a little more. It makes me wonder if he would be trying with me at all if it wasn't for her. I wonder if he even wanted me to move here? I mean he is the one that called and informed me I was moving to San Antonio to live with him. Or did he do that because of Lauren? Maybe he doesn't want me here. Maybe him buying me the car was a way of telling me to get the hell out of here and never come back.

   Since today is Saturday we are basically just having a chill day. Well, Mike decided for us to have a chill day together. He said he wanted to cook on the grill and spend time with us. I was a little surprised since most Saturdays he is in his home office all day or he goes into work to finish last minute things. Lauren actually seemed surprised too but it also made her happy that he was putting forth the effort even though to me it all seemed fake on Mikes part.

   We sit down to eat once Mike finishes cooking on the grill. We talk about random things over dinner then we all pitch in and clean the kitchen up. It turned out to be a pretty nice day together but it still make me wonder why he was trying so hard all of a sudden. We are going to watch a movie tonight to finish off our day, which was Lauren's suggestion and surprisingly Mike agreed.

   Lauren is fixing popcorn and Mike and I are in the living room waiting for her so we can start Isn't It Romantic. "Pew sit in silence until he decides to break it. "Kyler, is there any boyfriend I need to know about?" he asks as Lauren makes her way into the living room and sits beside him.

   "No, no boyfriend's." Looking over at Lauren she gives me a smile as if she's letting me know it's okay to tell him if I want to. Maybe she was smiling for another reason though.

   "Why not? Maybe you will find a nice guy at school or I can get you set up with one of my coworkers' sons or one of my coworkers. There's one just a few years older than you that's single. He would be great for you and you would have it made after graduation." Mike says.

   This little act of being a caring father and now trying to pawn me off on one of his coworkers is honestly pissing me off. "Now you want to play father to me or should I say matchmaker?" I ask as I look at Mike. "Now that I'm 18 you suddenly act like you care because you don't have to do shit for me anymore, huh? Not like you ever did anything for me anyway. You don't have to worry about the whole boyfriend thing. I've never had a boyfriend and never will" I tell him. I happen to glance at Lauren and she has a shocked look on her face.

   "What's that supposed to mean?" Mike asks loudly with a confused look on his face.

   "Because I'm a lesbian." I proudly say staring at Mike. He looks shocked at what I just told him. He looks at me with furrowed brows then glances at Lauren I guess to see her reaction then looks back to me.

   "You have got to be kidding me." He says with anger in his voice.
"No, I'm not and in case your wondering, I don't have a girlfriend either."

   Mike looks at me with nothing but hatred. "Good, I'm glad you don't have a girlfriend because that is wrong and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking you like girls. You haven't even given a guy a chance apparently so what makes you think you're a lesbian?" He asks as his voice gets louder.

   Lauren quickly says "Mike stop, that's enough."

   Mike looks at Lauren "did you know about this?"

   Lauren nods her head yes and says "yes, I did and it doesn't matter."

   "I know I'm a lesbian because I'm only attracted to women." I say to Mike.

   Lauren tries to say something else but Mike tells her to "be quiet because it's a conversation he is having with his daughter."

   "Oh, so now you call me your daughter and don't talk to Lauren like that, she's just trying to calm you down." I feel myself getting more pissed by the minute.

   Mike cuts his eyes at me "I don't need calming down and you will find a boyfriend or I will set you up with my coworker. You will be in a straight relationship, not a gay one if you are living in my house." Before I can say anything, Mike says "I'm not having a gay child! What did your mother do to you? You better not even think about making advances at my wife. I've seen the way you look at her. That explains the way you act around her sometimes. You think you can sleep with her don't you? She is mine! Do you hear me? She belongs to me!"

   "I'm not property Mike and Kyler does not act a certain way with me." Lauren states with a stern tone.

   Before she can say anything else he holds his hand up and yells "shut the hell up Lauren." Lauren jumps in her seat and we both look at him in shock at his outburst. "You better not encourage her to be a lesbian. I will not tolerate that from you. You are MY wife and you better know your place in this house. I'm the one that makes the rules here and what I say is what goes. If I say Kyler will have a boyfriend then that's what will happen."