Chapter 08 || Waiting For You

Start from the beginning

"good, now come sit here. let's talk." the mother asks with a smile and aria obeys, waiting for a lecture that has become a must everytime she meets her mother. "i heard that you've been spending time with taehyung?"

"yeah, he wanted to take me out." she nods subtly.

"that's great. he's such a gentleman, isn't he?" mrs. park smiles. "he's been taking care of your likes and dislikes, so make sure you do that too, okay? don't make him upset. he's going to be your husband, so it will be your responsibility to make sure he's happy. his family will be your family, so treat them like your own. don't be like yoona, if you wanna come home, ask them first. and even when you're here it shouldn't be more than two or three days."

aria looks down, nodding her head at the instructions, which makes the mothr smile, "good, always be the sweet and polite girl we've raised. your father said he doesn't want any complains from your in-laws about your poor anger management. if something isn't your way there, just settle with it instead of making a fuss, okay?"

that makes aria gulp uncomfortably, fiddling with her hands on her lap, but nods again. her mother doesn't shut up yet, adding more to have her mentally wishing for the talk to get over already. "if taehyung troes to kiss you or touch you, let him. you'll be his wife and that's your duty to make sure that he's happy and satisfied. knowing taehyung so far, i have a feeling that he'll ask you before anything first, but don't freak out even if he doesn't. husbands have their rights over their wives' bodies. don't jump at him with a knife because of these small things."

"maeve?" it's her father's voice making her flinch as he walks down the big stairway, securing the watch around his wrist. his eyes land on his wife, who stands up instantly, approaching him with a smile. "where's jimin?"

"he left early. i think he had some important work."

"yeah, he's been quite busy." the man hums, glancing back at the daughter and smiles a little. "mornin' ari,"

"good morning, dad." she smiles, standing beside him as he takes his place on the head of the huge dining table. two of the staff ladies reach up to serve him along with mrs park, only to be stopped by the man.

"aria will serve the meals from now on." he declares, gesturing his hand for his daughter to step forward and do the job instead of her mother and the maids.

"that's actually a good idea. she need to get used to it." the mother chuckles, joining her husband at the table while aria quietly starts to serve the food to them like she's asked to.

"we're meeting up with your in laws today to discuss some things about the wedding. so don't wait up for us." the father says, getting a nod from aria, although most of her attention stays on his and her mother's plate, for she doesn't want them to be mad if she did something wrong. "and maeve, tell jimin to go and bring yoona back now. it's not a good thing for our daughter-in-law to stay at her parents' house for this long."

"yes, dear." mrs park hums with a smile, eyeing aria to get her father's tea, making her gasp with the realisation that she actually forgot it. the father doesn't comment but hide his displeasure, watching his daughter hurrying to make him a cup of tea like her mother does every morning.

"sorry," she mumbles, bringing the steaming tea to her father and places the cup beside his glass of water on the table.

"pay attention to these little details, aria. nobody's gonna tell you what to do at every step in your new family after marriage." the father says, turning to his wife and scoffs, "teach her something. i don't want her to mess up and have the kims thinking that we didn't teach our daughter anything before marrying her off."