Chapter 5 || Deep in Love

"aria! you're here, honey!" taehyung's mother approaches her with open arms, capturing her in a warm hug that aria returns and smiles at taehyung's father. the mother quickly pulls away, standing beside her husband, giving aria the time to greet her to-be father-in-law as well.

"hello, mr kim." she hushes out softly, bowing to him, which earns chuckles from the couple.

"no need to do that, aria. treat me like your father, okay?" the man smiles, patting her side, "and who's mr kim? you should start calling us mom and dad now."

the smile on aria's lips takes a lot of effort from her to keep it on, as she forces herself to nod, "thank you, dad." she says, glancing at taehyung who smiles at her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"dad and i have to leave for work now. mom and jungkook- wait, where is he?" taehyung turns to his parents.

"in his room." the mother shakes her head, glancing between taehyung and aria as she talks about her younger son, "he came home late and must be tired. that's why he didn't wake up early today. otherwise he's the one to get up first." she chuckles, getting a small smile from aria, as if she didn't already know jungkook and all of his habits by heart.

"wake him up now." taehyung's father says, laughing and looks at aria, "jungkook is our spoiled boy. now you're the one who has to make sure he becomes a gentleman, yeah?" he jokes, making his wife and son laugh, whereas aria doesn't find it funny. in fact, she feels suffocated and anxious with the constant mentions of the obvious reality that she is going to be the daughter-in-law of this house.

"anyway," taehyung shakes his head, patting aria's back as he smiles down at her, "bye, we'll go now. have fun." he says, stroking the side of her head and aria gulps nervously, somehow getting herself to nod at his words. taehyung seems to read through her discomfort and gestures his parents that he'd like to talk to the girl for a moment.

when he takes her hand, leading her to the side and his parents, like good people, leave them alone, aria grows more self conscious, worried that she did something unpleasant. "i'm sorry, i'm just-"

"hey, it's okay." taehyung cups her face, "what's wrong?"

"huh?" she blinks a few times, staring up at taehyung.

"are you okay?" he asks, getting a quick nod from aria. "ari, it's alright if you're nervous. that's normal. it's still your first time here, that too alone. so, i understand." he strokes her hair gently out of her face, tugging a strand behind her ear and smiles fondly, "you don't have to do anything if you're not comfortable, alright? just let me know."

can she tell him that this marriage makes her uncomfortable? fighting back the tears, aria smiles with gratitude like she has been told by her mother— to always be thankful to her husband. taehyung steps forward to give her a hug, which aria never protests although her eyes close in discomfort and wait patiently for him to let go of her. his hands feel so foreign around her nothing like what her boyfriend— well, ex-boyfriend now, felt.

"call me if there's anything that bothers you, okay? i can't really say anything about mom, but jungkook will look after you. i'll tell him to take care of things here." he assures her.

"no no, it's okay." she shakes her head quickly, "i'm okay, taehyung. i'll manage."

"that's good." he smiles, finally stepping away and waves at her as he calls for his father and head out of the mansion, leaving aria all alone with the mother and well, jungkook who is locked in his room.

"come, let's go i have a lot of things to show you." the mother smiles excitedly, taking aria with her to one of the rooms nearby. there are hangers in line with beautiful dresses, jewellery boxes and accessories arranged on the table and beautiful hand bags on one side of the couch. "all this is for you. you can see all of them and let me know if we need to change some things." she says, making aria sit down on the bed and takes the place beside her, eagerly picking up the nearest box of diamond necklace for her.