Chapter 39 - Dreams Views

Comenzar desde el principio

"Dream you need to let me in..." Foolish replied softly.

Dream just shut the door.

"Dream please... I'm not trying anything, I just, I need comfort from you right now..." Foolish replied honestly.

Dream sat nervously and fidgety. He needed somebody around him to help calm down but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He wanted to cry more than ever in that moment.

"...Not now.." Dream responded chocking on his words slightly.

"Dream if your going to cry... please don't do it alone" Foolish begged resting his head on the door.

"I'm not going to cry!" Dream demanded, more to himself.

"Dream its okay to cry... your allowed to be weak sometimes..." Foolish explained.

"Not for me... it never will be" Dream whispered, "please stop whatever your trying to do, you think your helping when your not".

"Were not helping... you won't let you instinct accept the help" Foolish described.

"It doesn't matter, I have been fine for the past 2 years doing it, yet all of a sudden everyone cares... help means nothing to me" Dream whispered closing his eyes slightly.

"Then why don't you just go to sleep for the night" Foolish suggested from the others idea of the door.

"If I close my eyes... I'm back there, I know I will be" Dream replied looking outside the window at the stars outside.

"What do they do?" Foolish asked sitting on the floor.

"Stuff" Dream replied.

"Still as stubborn as ever" Foolish laughed.

"Nothing has changed about me, I'm only like this because I was forced into a corner by the people I'm suppose to trust and made to relive the worst moment of my life. I spent months supressing that memory... I haven't thought about it for years." Dream explained getting angry.

Foolish went silent, he knew they all had put Dream in that place. He felt so guilty about it when you look at it from Dreams point of view.

"What can I do to help, what can I do to fix the mistake I made?" Foolish asked.

"By backing off, I've been ignoring my instincts for 2 years, nobody noticed before, why should I now be disturbed" Dream replied anger lacing his words.

"Okay." Foolish answered. Dream was surprised by the lack of argument that he got. 

"Treat me like you have for the last 2 years, not the last 3 days".

Foolish took a deep breath, "I can't try".

Dream hummed to show the acknowledgement of Foolish's words.

Foolish had walked downstairs with the second Percy Jackson book in his hand. Everyone else looked at him hoping he got some sort of information.

"Anything?" Puffy asked nervously.

"Other than the fact he's been ignoring his instincts for 2 years, he told me the harsh truth behind what our actions meant to him and that he wishes we would just go back to normal, treat him like last week..." Foolish replied letting tears slip from his eye.

"Harsh truth?..." Techno asked.

"We pushed him into a corner... again. He told us something he's swore to himself he never wanted to say out loud. He said he spent months trying to forget that one memory. Instead of realising, it was his way in saying I can handle my myself I have for ages, we kept pushing. We basically forced him to talk about the worst moment of his life, and now we're expecting him to allow us to help..." Foolish answered more tears escaping his eyes.

Puffy ran over and hugged him. They both needed it, in that moment.

"The only person he will be willing to talk to is Shlatt" Phil announced trying to lighten the room.

"I ain't going near him for at least an hour, he made it clear he wanted space" Shlatt replied receiving a nod from Phil.

"Nobody bring any of this up for the rest of the week, not around Dream, around each other of any friends" Phil replied.

"Just act like nothing happened, Dream is still the same person he was as yesterday, that's the message he's trying to tell people, he is no different to last week so why should we change the way we view him..." Shlatt explained. Everyone nodded, surprisingly it lifted the mood. They all knew Dream managed to go through it, survive it and thrive from it. They were not about to bring Dream down from it all.

[1318 Words Total]