Chapter 12 - Homework

Dream was slowly making his way up the stairs wincing in pain every so often but getting his desired destination. His bedroom.

He leaves it as unwelcoming as possible. A single bed in the corner with white cover and no pillow. A wooden desk under the window and a wardrobe to the left of it. The wall next to his bed had some cables plugged into it for his devices. 

Only as he walked in he found one of Foolish's pillow and a teddy of Tubbo's. He knew they did this out of alpha instincts and only out of good means... but oh boy, he wishes they could try fight it. He loved the 2 as family but it was a challenge for somebody trying to fight an Omegas instincts.

He picked the 2 objects and returned them to each of their room with a pull on his heart. Oh yeah, he didn't mention, fighting urges can sometimes have a painful side effect, especially with how long Dreams been doing it for. Walking back caused his chest to ache slightly.

He would constantly get annoyed with how his life played out but he didn't really want to give up. He felt like he could make a message to other Omegas that they can fight the expectations and better own person. Even if it came with struggle.

He sat at his desk and pulled out his English homework that Fundy gave him at lunch.

Homework:

Story writing is a huge aspect of English and having the skill with come up within your exams.

Task: Create a piece of writing which follows the given prompt: What I want to achieve in life.

It was funny, Dream had been think about that mere seconds before. He might actually try, he felt the need to.

What I want to achieve in life:

I want to change how society works. Why should I have to follows what others want of me. I'm my own person, I have my own morals, my own rights. So why do others expect me to follow theirs instead. Feel like they can control me.

I want Omegas, like myself, to feel comfortable in there skin, knowing they have the power to choose who they want to love and live a life with. Why should we be pounced and treated like shit when there are Alphas and Betas walking the streets acting that they own everyone.

I want to set the example to prove that we can live our lives the way we want to. That they don't have to drop everything at the voice of an Alpha wanting to breed them or have them cook dinner. It's unjust, mistreatment and something I want Omegas to take the stand for.

When I find a way, I will spread my gift of the ability to reject those who don't want to be submitting to power absorbed Jerkass Alphas. I don't want to be expected to give up my life to somebody, and there are many miserable souls put there who want the same.

I want to teach them to defend themselves, to express that there worth come first before anything. I will one day do it, even if it kills me.

- Dream

He put the pen down and read his work. He knew it was short, but it truly expressed how he felt and what he wanted to do. He was never one for doing well in school. He had it rough and only really focused when he hadn't been treated like shit.

However he did focus, he did quite well.

Knowing he would forget about his homework in a few days, he sent a message into his group-chat with his friends.

Dream: Of those who are in school tomorrow, is anyone able to swing by mine in the morning to take my English homework to school???

George: You did homework!??!?

Techno: Somebody get the thermometer, he's clearly sick

Fundy: The ambulance is already on the way!!!

Dream: I'm not sick, ADHD relaxed for a bit, so I escaped family time and did something productive.

Illumina: Your priorities are so fucking messed up.

BBH: LANGUAGE!!!

Skeppy: Bad chill

BBH: HE SWORE THOUGH!!

Illumina: No shit Sherlock

BBH: AHHHHHHHHHHH

Techno: I'll come round at 8 tomorrow to pick it up, what teacher do u have??

Dream: Idk, you think I pay attention in Class to know what my teachers names are???

George: Cancel the Ambulance he's perfectly fine

Fundy: He's got the same as me, Mrs Dons.

Dream: WAIT THE NICE ONE!!!

Fundy: Your such an idiot

Dream: Rude

Illumina: True though

Techno: I'll give it to her tomorrow

Dream: Thank you Techno

Techno: How many suspension days you got

Dream: I wasn't as lucky this time I only got 1

George: Only you would be happy to get suspended

With that Dream turned his phone off. He was done with socialising and decided to just read a book instead. He would have pulled his computer out and watched a film at his desk, but it was rolling in to around 11pm, Puffy and Tubbo would be in bed. He didn't want the noise waking them up so he opted for the quieter option.

Perry Jackson and the lightning thief. He had started reading the book a day or 2 ago and fell in love. The concept of a boy finding out he's the son of Poseidon and having to complete the ultimate quest to prevent War from happening in Olympus, drew him to it. The intensity drove his ADHD hyper fixation through the roof.

So there he sat at his desk reading the book like his life depended on it. Turning page after page getting more excited, the more chapters he got through.

[937 Words Total]