Chapter 33: Bite The Bullet

Magsimula sa umpisa

Please don't let me.

Please.

"You're suspended for a week. You picked a fight with the elite athlete members and other students." She calmly said but it seems like she wants to say something that I'm not sure about.

"Okay." Sagot ko din na parang balewala lang but deep inside I was already thinking about how to explain this to Nanay.

And thank god they're not going to kick me out.

I was trying to act cool and tough but I want her to say something or maybe say something about us. Does she also think about us?

"Y-yung gamit mo sa bahay an-" I was stuttering trying to get her attention explaining her stuff na nandun pa sa bahay but she immediately cut me off.

"My driver will be there to pick it up tomorrow." Tipid netong sagot na biglang ikinahina't ikinabagsak ng katawan ko.

I was only trying to mention it na inayus ko't nilagay yung iba sa cabinet ko to maybe let her know na she can come back anytime, but why?

Nanginig bigla ang buong katawan ko na tila ba naubusan ako ng lakas at halos napatitig na lamang ako sa kawalan. I want to cry pero sa sobrang sakit hindi ko alam kung bakit ni isang luha ay hindi makalabas sa mga mata ko na ngayon ay nakatitig na sa mga mata neto.

Please say you don't mean it.

I felt my whole world was sucked out and thrown into the void. I couldn't even move.

No-I can't...

I want you.

Please don't let someone tattoo your name on their skin. Please don't let someone paint you while you sleep. You can have me, engrave your name all over my body. I will do anything, please take me back.

These are the words that my mind has but I can't say.

She said to trust her because she's gonna fix everything, right?

I don't understand what she said before but I will do anything she asked me to.

If I could just pull all of the strings and fibers of this universe to bind her to my very being, no second would be wasted.

"Evasco...I'm sorry for everything. I didn't mean to hurt you. We can't stay like this anymore. I know I don't have the right to say anything after what happened but please know that I was not in my right mind before and I was blinded with emotions.."

So, this is what real pain feels like, huh?

It's so unfair. I wanna scream out loud but I can't even say anything.

My heart was crumpled and my mind was stuck in a void of space that I was trying to escape from but I'm trapped. This pain felt like I would be in it for eternity.

"I should go now. Professor Xavier will be escorting you to your contest. You're only suspended but you're still going to represent the school." Dagdag neto at akmang tatayo na sana eto nang bigla ko etong hinawakan sa kamay na ikinagulat naman neto.

"You forgot this.." tukoy ko sa engagement ring na binigay neto. She suddenly averted her eyes on my finger with the ring.

"I gave it to you. Do whatever you want with it. I don't plan on having it back."

Napabitaw ako bigla sa pagkakahawak ko sa kamay neto at pilit na napangiti.

"I love you." I mumbled as I was trying to hold my tears that was trapped inside of my eyes and chest.

Those are the only words that came out of my mouth desperately wishing this will make her stay.

"Alexandra, I can-"