Chapter 7 - Russia

Subra landed on the floor, seeing her breath in front of her. It was cold, but she didn't feel it. She began to walk around, looking at the land and it's buildings. She then came across a clothing shop, full of clothing and had a cafe. Subra smiled as she walked in, feeling the heater warm the room. It had a few groups of people, most of them having coffees or looking at clothes. The cashier, working both the cafe and the clothing shop, was a girl with long brown hair. She had a grey flannel, baggy black jeans, and fluffy Crocs. She looked up, the door bell ringing gently.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Welcome," she said, very unenthusiastic. Subra, on the other hand, loved the simplicity of Earth Clan stores. She walked up to the cashier and smiled brightly. The cashier dropped her magazine and sat up straight.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Hi! How are you not enthusiastic? This place is great! You're doing a great job.. uh," Subra remarked as she looked at the cashier's name tag, "Layla!" She scoffed with a smile.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Hardly. I'm trying so hard to get fired, but my boss keeps giving me promotions rather than letting my out of my misery," Layla explained. Subra frowned.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"What's wrong with this place?" she asked. Layla laughed softly.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"People here are harsh to me, make unrealistic coffee orders, and it's like this all day. You're one of the nicest people who have came so far," Layla explained. Subra smiled sympathetically.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Well, I'm sorry it's like that for you. I hope I can make your day better!" Subra said sincerely. Layla blushed with a smile as Subra felt someone walk up behind her. She moved out the way, an older man beginning to order. Unfortunately, it was in a language Subra didn't understand. Layla greeted him with a very forced smile. He replied, clearly trying to get closer to her. Layla's expression changed from one of forced joy to discomfort. He looked as if he was trying to reach for her butt, Subra thinking quick. Subra slapped his hand away, going behind the counter and holding Layla tightly. Layla blushed profusely as the man looked at them in disgust. He scoffed before walking away in frustration. Layla huffed a laugh as Subra let go.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Sorry, Layla. I just thought you looked uncomfortable," Subra murmured. Layla hugged her tightly before going to the back of the store. Subra waited patiently, seeing her come out after a few minutes. Layla dragged Subra out of the shop as they went outside. Layla then hugged her again. Subra smiled while hugging her back.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Maybe I should fully introduce myself. My name is Layla Barlowe. What about you?" she asked. Subra smiled.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"My name is Subra Fire. This is my pet bat, Galassia," she explained as the bat came up from her scarf. She flew to Layla's shoulder and rubbed on her softly. Layla giggled as Subra smiled.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Well, I've never seen someone with a pet bat! Where are you from?" Layla asked softly. Subra smiled as she pointed up.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"The Sun!" Subra said. Layla laughed softly.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"I would say I don't believe you, but having a bat, clothes that are the same color, and.. your ears are pointy," Layla murmured. Subra smiled.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"I can always take you up there!" Subra said gleefully. Layla raised a brow, signaling the need for an explanation.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"I have magic that can let you survive up there, and give you immortality!" Subra explained.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Well, in all the stories with immortal people, they want to die. Do I really want that?" Layla asked.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"That's a very good point, but that only happens when they're the only immortal ones. In the Sun, everyone is immortal. No heartbreak," Subra added. Layla nodded, still slightly unsure.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"You know, in Sun Clan, old men won't try to touch you, people are very LGBTQ friendly, you can get a pet like me, and it will let you escape a very slow, sad, and painful death. Most people die from illnesses or accidents or stuff like that. In Sun Clan, none of that happens. If it did, we can revive people as well. My aunt is actually a ghost herself!" Subra added.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"You're driving a hard bargain. Now, what is the legal drinking age?" Layla asked.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Eighteen under parental supervision, twenty on your own. Twenty is the age for everything, really. Like becoming a full adult," Subra explained. Layla smiled with a laugh.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"I love Sun Clan already. But, why is twenty the adult age? Usually in Russia it's eighteen," Layla asked. Subra laughed.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"How is eighteen an adult age if teen is in the name? That's stupid. No offense," Subra replied. Layla laughed.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

"Yeah, that makes more sense. But, what else does Sun Clan offer?" Layla asked. Subra held her hand as they started wandering off. Subra was having such a great time with Layla. She was wondering if Cori was having the same luck.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆