11. Seven Months After The Fight

Start from the beginning

Sam was curious now, "Oh? Can you tell us about it?"

Raon, "Story, story, story, story!"

Hong, "Please, healer Ratchet!"

Ohn nodded, "Just one story."

Ratchet nodded agreeing to tell them one incident back in Cybertron long before the war had started. Optimus was raised by Sentinel Prime a very possessive Mech who guarded him jealously and rarely let him leave the castle. Sam's eyes widened at that as he remembered one of the records where Sentinel had tried to take over Earth. He felt a shiver go down his spine thinking the Mech might have tried to lock Optimus away again if he had succeeded. Ratchet went on to tell them about this one time, when Optimus wanted to see the rest of the planet while Sentinel was off world due to work.

During that time, Optimus had created another persona that went by Orion Pax and with Ironhide who was his guard back then sneaked out of the castle. Sam almost laughed out loud at that imagery but bit his lips as Ratchet continued to tell them, that was how he met the young Mech for the first time. Orion had gone to the temple first where the Scout had originally worked only to see him being thrown out. It had not sat well with the Prime and he had claimed Bumblebee as one of his own that cycle before bringing the Scout to his clinic. Ratchet had already established a private clinic by then, that was a common ground for many during those times.

Sam, "You took care of their injuries and joined them?"

Ratchet had an annoyed expression, "No, back then I was very exasperated by them. They got into so many ridiculous things. Sometimes, I wondered if they were sparklings in adult bodies."

Hong giggled, "They sound like they had fun."

Ohn nodded, "And got close."

Scalpel, "No kidding. I still remember High Lord Protector Megatron was angry though, when he learned Optimus had sneaked out without protection."

Ratchet, "But they or to be specific, Bumblebee no doubt fell in love during that time. I only joined them after the War started however."

Sam smiled as they talked more about life before the War on Cybertron the voices washing over him as he slowly fell asleep. Ratchet moved to hold him and the sparklings then moved to one of the waiting rooms as Sam slept peacefully. It was not the first time it happened and Scalpel had calmed down after the first four times and simply waited. The smaller medic muttered about how humans were already short lived and yet had many life threatening diseases. Ratchet had to agree with the medic as he settled down waiting for Sam to wake up as he worked on some data pads.

It was peaceful anyway so the two medics did not mind the sleeping child. Ratchet hummed as he looked over the vast farmland that was now filled with organic crops ready to harvest. It was a very laid back area, the biggest helm ache being the harvested hay that got into their vents but aside from that very peaceful. Ratchet reckons if they could grow Energon the way humans could grow their food, almost half the problems of their planet would be solved. From what he recalled Shockwave was working on that with Wheeljack, something he did not think he would see again.

Scalpel murmured, "Megatron is here."

Ratchet, "I hear him."

Megatron appeared at the door, "He is sleeping again."

Ratchet, "Yes, did you bring him more fruits and chocolate?"

Megatron, "I noticed he is able to stay awake more after eating them. It is not much but... "

Ratchet nodded, "Since fruits are healthy I will allow it. The fact he is fond of fruits makes it easier."

Megatron, "Easier? What do you ... ? Why? Doctor, don't tell me your codes get triggered by the young one as well."