Part 69 - Danger?

Manik sat down with Laksh in his lap. He was numb. Ragini quickly brought some water and Nandini splashed it on Laksh's face but in vain.

Nandini - Manik utho hume hospital jaana hoga

But he was just watching laksh. He couldn't think, hear or see anything. All he knew was Laksh, his life was lying unconscious in his lap and that too for the second time in just a span of a few months. He was scared.

Nandini and Ragini were calling Manik but he couldn't hear a word.

Nandini touched Manik's shoulder and moved him a bit bringing him back to reality. That's when a lone tear escaped his eyes.

Nandini - (cupped his one cheek) he will be alright, but first hume hospital jaana hoga.

Manik quickly got up and picked Laksh in his arms and they ran towards the door.

With all the noice Swarna and Manish came running.

Swarna caught hold of Ragini.

Swarna - (panic) Laksh ko kya hua?

Ragini couldn't speak as her eyes were filled with tears and voice shivered.

Ragini - woh... mu... mumma... lak... laksh....

Manish - swarna rehne do I think hume pehle hospital jaana chahiye

They all ran.

Ragini sat behind with Laksh's head on her lap. Manik was driving and Nandini sat on the passenger seat near Manik.

Swarna and Manish came behind in another car.

Swarna called at Malhotra Mansion and informed them to come to the hospital.

Ragini was caressing Laksh's hair and talking to him.

Ragini - (wiping her tears) Laksh, please uth jaao. Aise mat satao hume. See sab kitna Darr gye hai. (Again wiping off the tears)

Nandini kept looking behind every second and Manik was too taking a look at him every now and then. He parked the car abruptly in the middle of the road.

Manik - I am sorry but I can't drive.

Nandini - Manik!!!

Manik - Sorry! First time ho raha hai ke mere haath shiver ho rahe hai, mera vision block ho raha hai, I can't see or hear anything or even think about anything other than laksh. Main nahi chala paaunga.

Nandini - Ragini?

Ragini wiped her tears and bobbed her head. ManRag quickly exchanged their seats.

Nandini - pkka tu drive karlegi naa? You yourself don't seem good.

Ragini - (wiping her tears one last time) yes di!

Ragini started the car.

Manik held Laksh's hand protectively.

Manik - I promise laksh, main puri duniya se ladd jaaunga but tujhe kuch nahi hone dunga mere bacche.

He kissed Laksh's forehead and his tears fell on Laksh's forehead. He quickly wiped that off. Nandini was looking at the road and laksh occasionally. She tried to be strong but her tears just couldn't stop.

Ragini was too occasionally wiping off her tears as they were blocking her vision. However, she was strong. She had to be as it was on her to drive laksh to the hospital in time.

Manik - dekh, bacche tune humara kya haal kar diya hai. Aise koi karta hai apno ke saath. Chal ab uth Jaa. Acha chal, main tujhe promise karta hoon ke agar tu uth gya naa abhi toh main tujhe kabhi pareshan nahi karunga, apni date ke liye tere kapde nahi chura unga, maa se teri shikayat nahi karunga, tu joh kahega woh karunga tu bas ek baar aankhen khol de. (Cupping his face) please khol de... Lakshhh....