Chapter 5: Early Bird

(NOTE: "ATE" means big sister. )

I woke up at 4 AM in the morning, because I couldn't sleep well last night because of my bed, in the Philippines, we only sleep on mats, but here, a soft foam and comfy blankets (it's not  always where I used to sleep that's why) and I'm also a little hungry. I remembered what Ate Cha told me that we can get food from the fridge when we're hungry, so I got up from my bed, I took my bathrobe, at least to reduce the cold when I went out. I slowly went out of the quarters so as not to wake them up.

Success, they didn't wake up. I walked to the main house, it's close and right next to maid quarters, Ate Cha was right, the main house is always open, since there are many guards surrounding the ranch. I entered the door of the main house and slowly walked towards the kitchen.

When I was in the kitchen, I noticed that there was a lot of food in the basket, different kinds of bread, so instead of opening the fridge, I just took bread from the big basket and I just took cold water from the water dispenser . While I was eating, I leaned on the island table in their kitchen and looked around. I didn't notice, it's quite dark here and only lampshades provides light. Of course, it's only 4 AM, what's up wendy?

I bit into the bread again and drank some water. I thought, when will I be able to give Mom such a beautiful house like this? I hope I can do it too.  But in my case, I'm not as talented as Michael Jackson. I give up, hahahaha.

"Hi early bird?"

I was surprised when someone next to me suddenly spoke.

The boss! He is still wearing a white t-shirt and red pajamas. That's embarrassing. I'm still eating. I let go of the bread and a glass of water, and I put it on the kitchen island.

"S-sorry Mr. Jackson"

"Hm, that's okay. Did Chacha tell you that you can eat here when your hungry?" He said while opening the 2-door refrigerator. I felt the coldness of the fridge when he opened it.

"Y-yes Mr. Jackson."

"Oh I see." He took milk from the fridge and took some cereal. He put it in the bowl and sat on the chair on the kitchen island, he was in front of me now. He added milk to the cereal and mixed it. I just watch him do what he does. When he suddenly spoke.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me while mixing the cereal.

"Uh..uhm..yes, I am hungry sir." I answered very sparingly, I was still really nervous in his presence.

"Here, eat this." He gave me the cereal he was mixing earlier.

"B-but Mr. Jackson, its okay, uhmm.. I already--"

"Just eat that. Cereal is good, especially every morning, cereal is an excellent source of carbohydrates, and a significant source of protein, its good for you, for everyday work."

I just stared at his explanation. He is not only a musical genius, he also knows a lot.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. I just read books that's why I know the benefits of a cereal."

"Wow, that's amazing Mr. Jackson."

"Early bird, can you hand me a bowl please? Thank you."

Early bird? Am I the only maid he saw waking up at four in the morning? In the Philippines, that's natural, even if you go to school at 7 AM, your mother wakes you up at 4 AM. 😑

I took a bowl from the plate holder and gave it to him. I added cereal and milk to it.

And I just realized..

I had breakfast with him. I looked at the cereal I was eating and at him. It's embarrassing. It shouldn't be like this, but how can I get out of this situation? He gave it to me and I didn't want to offend him if I left him here and didn't eat it.

What if someone sees us here? Maybe that's what they think. They might say Im a desperate woman, and that's a no for me.

"Having thoughts early bird?"

My mind came back to reality when he spoke.

"Hm, nothing Mr. Jackson"

He sipped the cereal and milk from his spoon like a child and I laughed a little. He looked at me. I stopped again, I don't know why I was slowly getting comfortable with him. I'm a little nervous. Ate Cha is right, I can get used to it too.

I also ate the cereal he gave me. I didn't really like the taste but I ate it anyway. This is how the rich have breakfast, just the right cereal. Whereas in the Philippines, pandesal(bread) and coffee are okay. When you dip the pandesal in barako coffee, it's so delicious.

While I am  quietly eating cereal with Mr. Jackson, the lights suddenly turned on. The boss looked around because the light was on. I saw Ate Cha standing by the door and watching the two of us eating at the kitchen island. Her face was shocked and she looked at me as if she couldn't believe it.

I know, she will think about something.

"Uhh.. good morning Mr. Jackson, and.. good morning wendy.." ate Cha looked at me with a silly look.

"Oh, good morning chacha" Boss greeted him.

"Mr. Jackson, Miss Pearl just called me on my phone because she can't contact you. She wanted to remind you that you have a meeting with sony later."

"Uhh.. yeah.. the meeting. I forgot."  He still looks sleepy and not ready to work yet 😆

I put my bowl in the kitchen sink and said goodbye. It's a bit awkward because Ate Cha is here, I know what she's thinking.

"Hm, Mr. Jackson, I have to go. I have to take a bath and get ready for work later. Tha-thank y-you for the cereal."

"Uhh, okay early bird." He was still sleepy while mixing his cereal.

I went to Ate Cha and took her out of the main house. She was laughing as I pulled her into her arms. When we were close to the quarters, she stopped at the door and started to tease.

"Hey, what's that huh? Why are you having breakfast with Mr. Jackson huh? You ah.. you just met yesterday.. you're really different--"

"Ate Cha, that was just a coincidence. I was hungry earlier, so I got some bread and water from the kitchen, I just ate and then I didn't know he was going to be there. He gave me cereal, but I'm shy to refuse, he might be offended, and I'll lose my job."

"Hmm? What does he call you? early bird? He gave you an endearment now huh, while we didn't have any. He only called us by our names for years.."

She also give meaning to that.. tss, this 50 year old woman.

"Maybe he's just like that. Besides, maybe that's why he's just kind. I don't give all that malice, besides, I respect him as my boss, that's all."

"Here, the serious thing is, I am just teasing you. But, he gave you that cereal? He served that cereal to you, he really put the cereal and milk in the bowl? Tsk tsk.. this case is really different."

I thought it was over, hey..

"I-I don't know why he did that, but all I know is, maybe he's just like that, kind. I don't have any malice in that. If only I knew that he would also go there to eat, I wouldn't go there."

"Hahaha, it's just a joke, I'm just happy, c'mon, The boss has been without a girlfriend for a long time, so I'm aware--"

"Ate, please, stop.."

"Okay, it's just a joke Wendy, but just in case that you two work together, I'll support you. HAHAHAHA" And she left me there outside the quarters as she laughed.

She's so annoying. -_-

================
Wendy°2023