Chapter 16: The War Game

Start from the beginning

About 10 minutes had passed, with more explosives going off, thanks to the magic blade that Muramasa had supplied to Ryuu. The entire wall was being completely destroyed. Muramasa and Bell exchanged a nod, then pressed forward, walking up to the front gate as it began to open.

"Just on time" Muramasa smirked. Bell and he walked in front of the small figure. "Thank you for your hard work, Lili," Bell said, looking down with a smile. Disguised as Lili, the girl smiled in response. "Please, both of you go ahead. I'm going to stir up some more trouble."

With that, Muramasa and Bell charged into the castle, making their way up the structure. As they ran, a faint light appeared as they sprinted through a narrow hallway, emerging into an open area.

"Your target is in the throne room on the upper floor, so leave these opponents to this old man" Muramasa smirked. Bell thanked him and continued ahead. Upon being spotted, the executive members of the Apollo Familia ordered the archers to fire and the magicians to use their magic.

Muramasa suddenly appeared above Bell, holding a flaming katana. His movements were swift, and he swung down his blade before anyone could react. A massive fire slash was released upon those adventurers, engulfing them in flames. Some were propelled off the castle, while others suffered severe injuries, depending on their endurance stats.

Bell seized the opportunity to sprint past everyone, while the executive members tried to stop his progress. However, they were abruptly halted as an electric slash narrowly missed Daphne's hand. She turned to look at Muramasa, who had a smaller blade in hand, which quickly disappeared and transformed into a new, longer katana.

"Your enemy will be me. Prepare yourself" Muramasa declared, as he traced a weapon from his workshop into his hand, preparing for the impending fight. Daphne, the executive member also known as Daphne Lauros, felt nervous, fully aware that a 1 v 1 duel with a level 4 adventurer was a formidable challenge and winning it is nearly impossible even if he is only a blacksmith.

"We should at least be able to hold him back until Hyakinthos finishes with the little rookie, so we can all team up against him" Daphne thought, as more Apollo Familia member's gathered beside her, adopting a cautious stance.

.

.

.

"What is this? The Cursed Blacksmith, a Level 4 Adventurer, is now facing 40 adventurers, as well as Laurus Fuga, an executive of the Apollo Familia! How will the Cursed Blacksmith handle them, or better yet, how will they handle the Cursed Blacksmith?" The commentator exclaimed with passion, roaring the question like an overdramatic host. The Wargame was being viewed all over Orario, and it was a massive event that generated a significant portion of the city's revenue. Many people had placed bets on the outcome, and it was no surprise that most of the population had wagered their Valis on the Apollo Familia defeating the Hestia Familia.