Chapter 9: Flashback

Floor 18 welcomed them as always. The village nestled beside the massive tree was charming yet pricey, a natural outcome of the risks and expenses associated with journeys between the surface and the depths of the Dungeon. Muramasa had already engaged in conversation with Finn and several members of the Loki Familia, detailing their situation.

"I understand. Well, you and your group are welcome to stay with us for now to recover as our guests" Finn explained from his perch on some crates, flanked by Riveria and Gareth. Gareth's light chuckle followed his words. "Didn't expect you to retreat from the Floor 17 boss, but it was the right move."

Riveria turned to Finn, inquiring about the plan. Finn took a moment to respond, "Bete can go investigate. We'll inform him later."

Gareth's attention shifted momentarily as a loud "Ahhh!" pierced the air. While no one was particularly alarmed, Gareth appeared amused.

"It sounds like Bell has awakened" he said, returning his focus to the group. "I'm sure he'll come over to express his gratitude for your hospitality."

Muramasa chuckled at the thought, then began to make his way toward the tent flap. As he did, he asked about their descent to Floor 50. The group exchanged glances before Finn provided a summarized account of their experience. It was evident that the venture hadn't been smooth, and Muramasa knew he'd likely receive an earful from Tsubaki for not being there to assist.

"Understandable" he said with a tinge of regret. After all, the trip had been perilous, and Muramasa was merely a blacksmith, not a hero or warrior.

Riveria reassured him, "You had other responsibilities. No need to blame yourself" She emphasized that an apology wasn't necessary. He had been occupied with his own tasks, and his absence wasn't his fault.

Before he left the tent, Muramasa tossed some small vials of poison remedy, which Riveria promptly caught. He informed her about detecting traces of poison among the camp's occupants. "I sensed traces of poison in some of the people at the camp. Please use these to aid in their recovery."

Riveria accepted the vials with gratitude. "Thank you for these, Muramasa" she expressed her appreciation.

With that, Muramasa left the tent, his duties fulfilled for the moment.

The campsite's tents were meticulously organized. Within the group, some of the blacksmiths were busy repairing weapons and crafting arrows, while the camp chefs worked on preparing meals. Muramasa found himself with a few options to pass the time as he waited to meet up with Bell. However, before he could decide on his next move, a voice called out, interrupting his thoughts. "Muramasa! Heyyyyy!"

Turning around, Muramasa spotted the Amazoness sisters, Tiona and Tione, approaching him. "Oh, hey Tiona, Tione. How have you both been?" Muramasa asked, placing his hands on his hips. "Things have been fine, but they've been even better with you and Mr. Argonaut around!" Tiona exclaimed with a smile. She moved to his side and hugged him, and he didn't mind her affectionate gesture. "Mr. Argonaut?" Muramasa inquired, momentarily puzzled by the mention of the hero's name. Suddenly, a small memory resurfaced in his mind... a fleeting recollection of a man with white hair and sharp, bright red eyes from an unknown time.

 a fleeting recollection of a man with white hair and sharp, bright red eyes from an unknown time