O N E

Gabriella Brooks stood outside her shabby old house, it was poorly kept. The white paint had started to peel off the walls. Sticks were scattered all across the garden, once teeming with life. Her mum, Anna Brooks stood, leaning onto the walls, her face worried. Keeping up two part-time jobs was hard, especially when you're a single mother, living in a big house.

Gabby couldn't blame her though, for the other reason as well. She was returning to her sixth year at Hogwarts, and as a muggle, Anna was incredibly worried about sending her daughter again. The dangers were increasing and this so-called "you-know-who" had been taking the lives of numerous muggles.

Nevertheless, Gabby had just convinced Anna to let her go. Hogwarts was her freedom from reality. Especially since she was allowed to see Remus Lupin again. Her unrequited crush of three years. Gabby waved goodbye to her mum as she left to Lily Evan's house, her neighbour and best friend.

Ever since Gabby had moved in Cokeworth after her dad died in a car accident, she'd instantly befriended Lily Evans. Petunia had always seemed bitchy, going to the mall everyday with her boyfriend, Vernon. So her betrayal was quiet expected, Petunia liked to fit in. Lily liked to be bold and studious. Gabby was studious but also very unpredictable.

Today she was going back to Hogwarts with Lily, the girls both put their trunks in the boot. Leslie and Luke Evans, Lily's parents dropping them off. Finally, arriving at King's Cross Station. As Lily said 'bye' to her parents Gabby ran through the brick wall.

She hugged Remus as he stared at Eleanore Greengrass. His unrequited crush. Eleanore was a Slytherin in their year, quiet, kind and smart. She would rarely raise her hand in class but was drop-dead gorgeous to Remus as how he'd described her.

He knew almost everything about her. Not entirely in the stalker way since they would sometimes study together or sit next to each other in class. Remus knew that Eleanore would always smell like sunflowers. She would also always tie her hair in a ponytail, and wear the same green cardigan. Sometimes Gabby would catch them staring at each other.

Every time Remus listed the numerous reasons towards why he liked Eleanore, Gabby would feel a twinge of pain. No, wait. Actually a lot.

Heading onto the train she smiled at Sirius Black who blushingly said 'hi', it was usual. Acting surprisingly sweet towards her ever since the start of fourth year. Marlene McKinnon was standing towards Alice Fortescue in the carriage and about to sit down until Gabby took her opportunity. Screaming Marls sat down now facing Gabby who was laughing. Soon enough the laughter had spread, overtaking Alice too.

Opening her pack of Exploding Snap, Gabby dealt the cards. At the end Alice won. Soon enough they'd arrived at Hogwarts. After the feast as she was heading off to the dorms with the Lily, Marlene and Alice, Gabby felt a hand tug her into an empty corridor. "Aagh! What the fuck-", a hand was clamped over her mouth. "Dude stop...oh it's you four".

Standing in front of her were the four most troublesome boys in Hogwarts. "Oh hi Remus. What do the rest of you guys want? We're not even friends." Sirius shrugged, "Well umm, we need your help Elle." James continued, "You see...we..umm..we made this map", Gabby stared wide-eyed. James finished, "It's shows everyone at Hogwarts. Well, it's supposed too. But it's not. We need your help."

"Aww, why didn't you ask for it. Ha! Anyways creepy. Give me a few days. Also why'd you come to me?", she questioned. Peter spoke, "You see S- oww Sirius." "Peter's trying to say that you are extremely gifted in charms", Remus said, Sirius glaring at Peter.

"I'm going to need something for this." "How about we...uhh.write your name on the map??", James answered. Gabby nodded, "Smart, wait don't you guys like need a password for this. You know, in case anyone steals it." Sirius said, "And ooh it can't insult the person reading it. You can do that right?"

Gabby nodded and left, smiling to herself. It was progress, right?"