Cynthia sends back Spiritomb again and I say, "You probably know about this. Pikachu! Counter Shield now!"

Pikachu starts to spin around while using Thunderbolt. The resulting vortex of electricity not only successfully repels Spiritomb's Hypnosis, but also strikes it at the same time.

"I still remember you showed this off in the Sinnoh League." Cynthia says.

"But we're going to be stronger than that!" I say.

Pikachu ensnares Spiritomb in an Electroweb, successfully avoiding a Sucker Punch in the process. As Pikachu goes for a finishing Iron Tail, Cynthia orders Spiritomb to do something unspecified. Moments later, Pikachu's move connects, causing the Forbidden Pokémon to retreat into its Odd Keystone. But then, dark energy suddenly emerges from the keystone and envelops Pikachu, causing him to seize up.

"Really? Destiny Bond?" Lillie gasps.

"Now Pikachu is really off the battlefield..." Dawn says.

"Garchomp! I choose you!" I send out my fourth Pokemon, which is Garchomp. I know that compared to Cynthia's Garchomp, this is nothing, but I still need to try. And much to my horror, she is going to use Garchomp as well.

"Now it's a Garchomp battle..." Emily says.

I have Garchomp go for Crunch, but Cynthia's Garchomp dodges and lands a Dragon Claw, dealing super effective damage on mine.

"Use Stealth Rock!" Cynthia yells, and as the field is set up, Cynthia decides to substitute for Roserade, whose burn from Froslass' earlier Will-O-Wisp has been healed thanks to its Ability, Natural Cure.

"Garchomp! Draco Meteor now!" I try to have Garchomp set up the field, but before the meteors can fall, Roserade goes for Poison Jab, hitting Garchomp and poisoning it.

Oh no!" But much to my delight, the meteors hit Roserade and gives it damage. "Now use Dragon Rush!"

I have Garchomp push through Roserade's Leaf Storm with Dragon Rush, knocking Roserade out. I'm trying to recall Garchomp, but he tells me that he wants to continue to battle.

Cynthia's final Pokemon is a Milotic, I want to end this quick, so I go for Dragon Rush, but Milotic uses Disarming Voice to keep Dracovish at bay.

"Hang in there!" I yell, but Milotic wraps Garchomp and then uses Iron Head, but it is then I have Garchomp use Thunder Fang. The attacks collide to create a big explosion. Although Milotic has taken visible damage, Garchomp ends up going down.

"Garchomp..." I frown before recalling the Pokemon. "You did your best."

Then I decide to send out Lucario as my fifth Pokemon, but it is damaged by the Stealth Rock. I remember how I deal with the Toxic Spikes and I yell, "Lucario! Bone Rush! Throw it in the air!"

Cynthia is shocked at my strategy, and the Stealth Rock is destroyed. Cynthia gasps, "I can't believe it..."

"Is that even possible?" Verity gasps.

"That's Ash for you, he really likes to do the unbelievable." Tobais nods.

Milotic attacks with a Hydro Pump, but Lucario is able to dodge the attack by jumping into the air. Then they proceed to charge with each other as Milotic uses Iron Head. Lucario uses Protect to block the attack, before landing a lot of Bullet Punches that push Milotic back. Milotic's next attack is Disarming Voice, but Lucario manages to endure it and throws an Aura Sphere at it, knocking Milotic out.

"You did it, Lucario!" I say.

"Now both of them have two Pokemon left. The field is even now." Dawn says.