Chapter 47

As we are back in Sunyshore City, we get to Cyrus' house, and a woman says, "A long time ago, there was a boy named Cyrus who lived here. He seemed to shun others, and he preferred the company of machines. He was a brilliant student, I recall. I often wonder what became of him."

We are sad because of what we know about Cyrus now, and now he's in prison while the others are still hiding from sight according to my Mom. Then we finally arrive at the newly-made gym, and this time Volkner prepares the gym trainers and some new gimmicks for Lillie to go through.

"Hey, there! How's it going, Champ-to-be? Let me check out your Trainer Case. Let's see how many Badges you have. One, two, three... Woah! Wow! You've already got seven! That means if you can beat this Gym Leader, you're on your way to the Pokémon League next. That also means this is the last time I get to give you advice. This is it, kiddo! Listen carefully... one last time! The Gym Leader here is a master of Electric-type Pokémon! That's all I have to say! The rest is up to you!"

Now Lillie walks towards one of the gear, and she steps on the green button to rotate the gear's pathway, and he continues to rotate until he reaches the first trainer. A School girl named Tiera. "Can you make it to the Gym Leader? You sure now?"

She uses a Pachirisu, so Lillie goes for Gastrodon, using a Mud Bomb to take it out of the battle. "The gears spin round and round... I spin down and out..."

After entering the next room, she rotates the gears so that she can move up the ladder and down. Then she meets School Kid Forrest. "This is the toughest Gym in Sinnoh. That's why I'm here - to learn the best battle techniques around!"

She uses two Pokemon, a Magneton and a Mr. Mime. The last one is surprising to her, but she uses Steelix to knock both of them out with Steel and Ground moves. "You're tough."

Then she continues to rotate until she meets the Guitarist Jerry. "I want to win! I channel that desire through my guitar!"

He uses two Luxio and a Magnemite, and all of them are defeated by Torterra's Earthquake. "We couldn't win... No encores for us..."

Then they continue moving until they reach the Poke Kid Meghan who is guarding the door. "Look at the way I'm dressed. Can't you see that I'm hard-core?"

She uses four Pikachu, and Lillie has to defeat them with Skuntank, something that Pikachu feels slightly offended by. "I was being serious! Don't laugh at me! I mean it!"

Now there is still one more room, and there is a Guitarist Lonnie. "Whether you're a Trainer or a guitarist, it takes dedication to improve your mad skills!"

He goes for a Raichu, so Lillie goes for Torterra again, using Headlong Rush to defeat it with ease. "My skills seem to have let me down. I must have been out of tune!"

She tries to navigate the gears again, and she reaches the sixth trainer. An Ace Trainer Destiny. "I'm not just looking for tough Trainers to battle. I've been battling here because I want to feel the rush!"

She goes for Kadabra, Electabuzz, and Raichu, so Lillie goes for Absol to defeat all three of them with ease. "Your power is so shocking, it's made me go numb."

After climbing the stairs again, she reaches Guitarist Preston. "Spark! This is what our Gym Leader did to the Gym out of boredom!"

He uses two Pokemon, a Bibarel and a Luxio, so Lillie uses Infernape this time and defeats the two Pokemon with ease. "Spark..."

And the final trainer is Ace Trainer Zachery. He says, "Wow! I'm surprised you've come this far, but you'll have to turn back. There isn't any chance that you could ever beat me!"