Chapter 50

The next day, I'm now facing against Tobias, the husband of Cynthia and also one of the strong battlers in Team Alpha. Tobias is standing on the other side of the field and says, "The time has come that we will battle each other, Ash."

"I know, and since you are a former Champion, I need to be careful of you and I don't want you to hold back." I say back to him.

Tobias sends out Tyranitar first, and the Announcer says, "What is this? Tobias, who usually starts with a Darkrai, has sent out Tyranitar?"

Barry says, "What is up with that guy?"

"He is here to test Ash, so I guess he doesn't want to show off his Darkrai this early." Lillie says.

"Lucario, I choose you!" I send out his Lucario, and then the battle starts. Tyranitar uses Rock Tomb, trying to lower Lucario's speed, but Lucario uses Extreme Speed to dodge it. The Lucario uses Aura Sphere, which hits Tyranitar super effectively. Lucario also uses the chance to defeat Tyranitar with a Metal Claw.

Tobias sends out Metagross next, and I immediately recall Lucario and send out Rotom.

"So you have caught yourself a Rotom?" Tobias asks.

"Of course, in the Old Chateau near our Grass Manor." I take out the Rotom Catalog and say, "Now change into Heat Form!"

Then Rotom changes its form and everyone is shocked.

"How come a Rotom do that?" Barry yells. "Isn't that illegal?"

"Well, there are no rules that a Pokemon can't do that. Ash really has some cool Pokemon." Verity says. "But I wonder how Dad's going to beat that."

Metagross uses Zen Headbutt, but Rotom dodges and uses Overheat, causing a lot of damage to Metagross. Then he changes into Wash form and uses a Hydro Pump, blasting Metagross into the wall and letting him faint.

"You have fought very well, now my next Pokemon. Salamence!" Tobias says.

I recall Rotom and send out Abomasnow. Abomasnow starts with his ability, Snow Warning, then uses Wood Hammer. Salamence flies high and dodges the attack, then flies down and gives a Dragon Claw, which hurts Abomasnow. It also uses a Flamethrower, causing me to recall Abomasnow and send out Togekiss. Togekiss defeats Salamence with the Sky Attack and Aura Sphere Combo.

"So far Ash hasn't lost one Pokemon while Tobias has lost three." Gladion says.

"But now the battle is getting started." My Mom says.

Tobias says, "Ash. I see you are a strong trainer. Show me how are you different from the other trainers, go Darkrai!" Tobias sends out his Darkrai, causing the crowd to gasp.

"So you come, Darkrai. Togekiss, return for now. Lucario, I choose you!"

Tobias tells Darkrai to use Ice Beam whilst I have Lucario use Aura Sphere and the two attacks collide. I then command Flash Cannon, but Darkrai intercepts it with a Dark Void putting Lucario straight to sleep.

"Use your aura and use Close Combat!" I yell as Lucario attacks Darkrai, but he quickly rebounds and knocks out Lucario with a Dream Eater attack.

"Return, Lucario. Rotom, I need your help!" Rotom shoots a Thunderbolt. Darkrai intercepts it with Dark Pulse and causes a huge explosion which sends Rotom flying back and knocking it out.

"Ash isn't doing well..." Lillie says in worry.

"He has to defeat Dad's Darkrai if he wants to win." Emily says.

I decide to send back Abomasnow, it uses Focus Punch to land a hit, but also being defeated by Dark Pulse. And now I realize I have to use my older Pokemon in order to have the chance to win.