Chapter 45

On the way to the Grand Festival, we meet with Dawn's mother in Neighborly Town, and she wants us to help teach young students some contest moves while she's going to substitute for Nurse Joy in the Contest because of her sickness. And during the teaching, Dawn's Cyndaquil evolves into Quilava and also having Pachirisu and Buneary learn the new move "Ice Chandelier".

When we arrive at another town, we find a trainer named Roland who is excited about a cute Pokemon, and he takes an interest in my Pikachu and Togetic. Absol doesn't mind, but Piplup is not happy.

"So what Pokemon do you have?" Dawn asks.

"I got a Magby." Roland says. "I just put Magby in a Pokemon Day Care. They're going to evolve my Magby two hours straight."

Tox says, "That sounds strange to me... I don't think Pokemon Day Care are supposed to help evolving Pokemon..."

When we arrive at the shop where he left Magby, we find that it is completely locked up. I say, "Sounds fishy..."

"I guess I'll have to call Bertha right away." Roland says. "She knows everything about Pokemon."

Just then, we notice the same person behind us. "Wow, it's Bertha, what do you know?"

Bertha walks to me and asks, "You have a name?"

"Sure." After we introduce ourselves, I realize who she is. She is the Ground Type Elite Four member. "Wait, you are-"

Suddenly I am dragged by her and I ask, "You're Bertha of the Elite Four, are you?"

"That's right, I am. But I don't like being called the Elite Four. It's a secret." Bertha says before letting me go. Then Bertha says, "Roland, it's time for your Pokemon training. I told you to hurry up so what's taking you so long?"

"You see... someone stole my Magby." Roland admits.

"Stole your Magby? What am I going to do with you?" Bertha frowns.

"Is this your grandson?" Lillie asks.

"Child of my cousin, Roland says that he wants to be better at Pokemon battles, so I was asked to look after him. I told you a lot of times. Once you have a Pokemon, you have a responsibility to watch over that Pokemon day in and day out. Now how can you let it happen? I feel sorry for the poor Magby."

"I think right now we should do is to get Magby back." I say.

"Indeed. You have to correct your own mistakes." Bertha says. We also decide to help out.

When we are walking, we decide to show Bertha how many ribbons and gym badges we have, and she says, "Looks like I'll be able to see how strong you are."

"What do you mean by that?" Lillie asks.

"So have you found a way to search for Magby?" Bertha asks.

Daniel says, "I think we have a clue as to who stole the Magby. After your description, all that's left is to find them."

We decide to use the observation to find where Team Rocket is located, and we find the same shop in a different location.

"Team Rocket, there you are!" I say after finding them trying to scam another trainer, and they decide to reveal their true selves while giving the stupid motto. They use pink smoke to cover their escape, distracting us, but Bertha steps out of the way.

We proceed to chase Team Rocket, and I say, "How about we head them off with both sides?"

Then we almost box Team Rocket in, but they run down another street into a field. When we follow, we run into a series of Windmill towers. "They are hiding behind one of those windmills." Gladion says.