Help

It was morning. Early morning. With dirt under her nails and a sharp pain in her knees, Pacifica reached the Mystery Shack. She already saw Mabel from afar, her colorful sweater like a lighthouse in a storm.
The brunette didn't immediately recognize her, in fact, she didn't seem to recognize anything. She sat there on the porch with a kitten mug that she had brought from college and stared straight ahead, not particularly fixated on anything. Her expression was cold and mindless.

Mabel had been alone for three and a half days now. She had a huge argument with Soos, because he told her to stay home in the Shack instead of looking for him. He insisted that Dipper must be fine and that he was probably on a secret expedition. But even he couldn't stick with that point after 2 days of not hearing anything from him. So eventually they started a searching party with the locals, or rather some friends that Soos and Melody had made within the last few years. A whole day. Practically 24 hours. Nothing. The footprints had been long gone before they could have found them. Defeated and hopeless they returned home. Mabel had spend the night outside, not sleeping but rather resting in a state of conscious unconsciousness. Aka sleeping with her eyes open, wishing for the nightmare to end. Melody had brought her several cups of hot drinks, mostly tea and a blanket to keep her warm. Most of the teas went cold. God forbid she's go inside to pee and miss any clues on what could have happened to her brother.

She was pulled out of her trance by someone calling her name. By the time she was back to her senses, Pacifica was roughly ten feet away from her.

"Oh my god, what happened? You look awful!" She jumped from her chair and sprinted to her friend, pulling her into an embrace. "Like still pretty, but you know what I mean." she mumbled into pacifica's shoulder.

Pacifica was glad to see Mabel again. She couldn't imagine the terror her friend must have been in the time they were gone.

"Look, you can't freak out, but I need your help. I know where Wendy and Dipper are. They are... sort of stuck."
A wave of something similar to relief and adrenaline washed over Mabel. In an instant, she was wide awake again.

"Show me. Now." her voice sounded dead serious. Pacifica knew that if it was necessary, Mabel would kill for her brother.

She lead the way into the woods.

Neither of them knew that there wasn't just the two of them running. There were three.

______________________________

Author's note:
I've been thinking about this story a lot lately. I think I know how I want it to end, but I'm still figuring out a lot of the details. However, if you are even still reading this, thank you so much. Merry Christmas <33
~ Claire