Wendy's Perspective

I caught it.
If I'm gonna be trapped here, in whatever this is, I might as well secure myself a mighty snack for dinner. Good thing my family made sure I know how to survive on my own. Though it should be the easier part, I still needed to figure out how to make a fire. My brothers always made fun of me for messing it up. I'm their only sister, of course they always found something to pick on.

This sweaty ass weather wasn't helping my case. Like how is that even possible? How can every fucking stick be damp? And the ground? My boots were constantly sinking in. Leaning back, I was finally giving myself a chance to rest. I was closing my eyes and let the noises of the woods tell me a story. The soft rustling noise of the leaves almost guided me to a sound sleep when a particular sort of foot steps brought a sense of danger down my spine. They were fast and impatient and I was so scared they'd be from an angry animal. God, maybe the mother of the one I've killed??

I pretended to be asleep, with all of my senses heightened. The steps came to a stop right next to me. Something touches my shoulder. Just like I was taught, I immediately do an air punch on stomach height. Just before I could realize, an actual person goes down besides me, falling to their knees.
I stood up and held out a hand to the person below me. Repeatedly apologizing, it almost slips my mind, that something about this man feels familiar. Fluffy brown hair, red-ish jacket, nervous demeanor. Even the wimpy sound he made when I hit him...

A moment later, a blond girl appeared next to him, kneeling down to check if he's OK. Hey, I know her, I thought. This Northwest girl.
"I'm glad to see you too, Wendy." The young man said in between painful breaths. The voice. It was much higher when I had last heard it, but I still recognized it.

"Dipper, is that you?" The words left my mouth as soon as the thought had entered my mind. He looked up and truly, it was the face I hadn't seen in years, at least not aged up. Dipper took my hand and pulled himself up. When he was at his full height, I had to look up to greet his gaze. "You came back."

Even with full effort, I couldn't hide the sadness in my voice. He was gone for so long. Barely any sings that he had ever even been here. And now he found me in this strange place that I still had no idea what it was. The first two years, I thought, maybe he was just busy, you know, finally being an actual teenager. After 4 years, I knew it wasn't just that. For the most part, I got over them, but never in my right mind would I have forgotten about those twins. They changed my entire life in one summer.

His eyebrows twitched in response to my emotions. Clearly it hurt him,even if he tried to hide it. He hesitated to say something, first opening his mouth, then closing it again. There was something on his mind, but he decided that it apparently wasn't appropriate to talk about in this moment.

"Listen," Pacifica started, obviously uncomfortable, "we need to get away from here ASAP. We've probably been here for a whole day, maybe two."
I looked at her, mind blank. I didn't quite understand what she meant with that.

"She's right. This isn't the Gravity Falls we know. For some reason, all of the mystical creatures have been placed in this underground but not underground facility. Time passes differently here. Wendy, you've been gone for weeks."

Weeks. I've been here like a few hours.

"How did you find me anyways?" I crossed my arms. It's hard to believe a word they say.

"Tell us how you ended up first."
I felt defeated by the situation, so I told them.

I told them that I was working on this stupid new path and that I felt watched. Day after day, I could feel eyes burning holes into my skin. Not literally, but more like this underlying fear of it happening. I knew there was someone, something in the woods that observed whatever I was doing. Eventually I didn't wanna talk that feeling anymore. I couldn't. So I furiously searched behind trees. And I swore I could hear something dodging my gazes. I heard leaves crunching, that weren't the ones under my own boots. Whatever it was, didn't want to be seen, so I did the one thing, that felt logical to do. I closed my eyes and with my arms chased out, chased it.

Eventually, I got the hold of something. It felt like wood, but it wasn't a tree. It was warm. And there was some sort of a racing pulse. When I opened my eyes, I looked directly into the face of this thing. Black eyes, so very soulless. First it didn't move, just looked at me with a terrified expression. Then something in it changed, like a flicked light switch.

It tried to grab me.

I started running. It was incredibly fast and so I jumped up a tree. I probably ripped parts of my clothing, trying to save myself.

I climbed higher and higher and when I realized, that it could get up trees too. Panicking, I carved something on the tree to leave a message for God who knows.

When it almost reached me, I fell. I lost consciousness. When I woke up, I was here.

"Oh yeah we found the carved letters. Thing chased us here too. We were looking for you. But what did the letters mean? C N T C I T" Dipper spelled out.

"It meant 'can't see it'. When I was up there, it was strange, that I couldn't really know what it looked like. Like it hid from ones sight behind trees. It only got angry when I saw it face to face. "

Gears started running in Dippers head. "A hide-behind. It now makes sense, but why is it the only monster left in Gravity Falls and why did it bring you here?"

"And why did it chase us here, I don't think that was a coincidence." Pacifica added.