Chapter Five

Jennie POV

It was Nayeon. Nayeon was one of my best friends. She was with her group twice. Me and I both became K-pop idols, but for different entertainment agencies. I went to YG, and she went to JYP.

Jennie walked towards Nayeon and hugged her.

Jennie: I didn't know you would be here.

Jihyo: We came here because we were regulars here, and it was close.

Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa walked behind Jennie.

Lisa: Why don't you all join us for lunch?

They all agreed and had to get three tables together so that they could all sit together. Lisa was talking to Jihyo, Jeongyeon, Mina, Momo, and Yeri. Rosé and Jisoo were talking to Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, Joy, and Wendy, and I was talking with Nayeon, Irene, Dahyun, Seulgi, and Sana.

Nayeon: So, you're engaged now, Jennie?

Jennie: Yes. And I would like you to be one of my bridesmaids.

Nayeon: Thank you. I will be your bridesmaid.

Nayeon hugged me.

Nayeon: Yes.

Jennie: I need you to call Irene because I need both of you to come with me for a business deal.

Nayeon nodded.

Nayeon: When are you going to tell Kai? You can't keep this a secret forever.

Jennie: I know. But I don't want to see him die because of me.

Nayeon: I get that. Let's eat something. I hear the tteokbokki here is amazing.

I laughed and looked at the menu.

We ordered our food, and we all enjoyed ourselves that afternoon. When I got home, it was 5:00. Kai was on the balcony in our bedroom.

He didn't notice that I was home, and I heard him on the phone.

Kai: Be careful. It's them we are talking about. They're known for being unforgiving and killing without thinking. Do I have to come as well? I have represented us at the table. Fine. But you guys owe me. Bye

I walked out of the bedroom to the balcony.

Jennie: What were you talking about, babe?

Kai looked around him and looked startled to see Jennie.

Kai: Baby. I didn't see you there. Just work things out.

Jennie: Kai, I heard you say that they're unforgiving and kill without thinking.

Kai: Jennie, it's nothing. Really

Jennie: Kim Jong-in, tell me the truth.

Kai looked reluctant at first but looked her in the face.

Kai: Jennie, I'm... never mind. Nothing.

Jennie: Fine.

I showered and got changed, and when she went downstairs to the living room, there was a note from Kai.

Jennie

Sorry that I won't be able to have dinner tonight. I have some work to do tonight and won't be home until the morning. Sorry.

Kai

I was angry at Kai but also had some work to do. I went to the garage and got into my car.

I drove off to an abandoned building that I owned and went inside. I was part of the Mafia. When I turned 16, I discovered that the Kim family was the leader of one of the most powerful mafias in Korea. I wanted to be a part of the Mafia, but they told me that only when I turned 18 would I be able to be a part of the Mafia.