Chapter One

(12 years earlier)

Jennie is 12 years old

Lee Mansion

There was a lot of shouting and yelling in the Lee Mansion tonight

There was a lot of shouting and yelling in the Lee Mansion tonight. They had been informed that someone had betrayed them, and it was Jennie, their youngest daughter.

Mr. Lee: How dare you betray your own family? Lee Jennie. Your family, for goodness sake. (Shouted Angrily)

One of Jennie's older brothers: I would have never thought you could do this, Jennie.

Jennie: I would have never done anything to destroy our family. Why won't you believe me? (She shouted, tears pouring out of her.)

Mrs. Lee: How dare you shout at us? You disgrace. (She slapped Jennie in the face.)

One of Jennie's older brothers drags her out of the house and tells her to never come back to the Lee Mansion again.

Jennie: (gets up) Fine. I don't want to be in this family any longer. But remember that it was Hanuel who betrayed your family.

Jennie felt anger rush through her body as the gates of the Lee mansion closed. She walked, knowing she would never want to look back at what had just happened.

Jennie POV

I walked to a place near the Han River that I knew would help me clear my mind

I walked to a place near the Han River that I knew would help me clear my mind. I sat on the steps and started crying as the memory of what happened came flooding back.

Jennie: Why? Why did this have to happen to me? (She screamed)

Just then, a girl walked up to her.

Girl: Are you okay? Why are you crying? It's okay. (She patted me on the back.)

??Woman??: Lisa? Where are you? (She shouted)

Girl: Over here, Mom.

A man and a woman came running over to them and hugged the girl.