Chapter Two

Present Day

It has been 12 years since what happened that night. Jennie had grown up happy, but two years ago, Mr. and Mrs. Kim died in a car accident. So, Kim Corporation had been given to Jennie. Why did Jennie get the company instead of Jisoo when Jisoo is the oldest, you may wonder? Well, Jisoo didn't want to take over the family company, and Jennie ended up getting it in turn because she was the second oldest.

Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa had become a K-pop girl group called BLACKPINK and gained worldwide fame. They had just got back to Seoul as their finale for their Born Pink world tour, and Jennie had been busy working in her office.

Kai was busy with dance rehearsals and other things. It was about 2 p.m. when Jennie left work and drove to the Kim Mansion. She was the only one of her sisters who wanted to live there, so she got the family mansion.

Jennie had gotten home, but she and the girls had a concert in a few hours. At least 20 minutes later, Kai arrived at the house. Jennie was watching TV in the living room when Kai came in, and she happily walked to him, hugged him, and kissed him.

Kai: How was work?

Jennie: Same old boring paperwork and stuff. How were rehearsals?

Kai: Same as always. Anyway, are we having chicken for dinner?

Jennie: Yeah.

For the next half hour, they cooked some chicken and rice and ate them. Jennie had to change into a different outfit and leave. Kai was going with her because he wanted to support her, but he had a surprise for Jennie at the end of the concert.

The BLACKPINK concert was in two hours, and to make sure they were early and that they didn't hold up the concert, they left an hour before the concert started.

3 hours later

Their Outfits

The concert was ending soon, and Kai came to the stage when they had finished their concert and waved to the fans

The concert was ending soon, and Kai came to the stage when they had finished their concert and waved to the fans. Everyone looked confused, especially Jennie. Kai took Jennie's hand and led her to the front of the stage. Everyone was filming this moment, wondering what was happening.

Jennie looked at Kai with a confused face. Kai took the mic and looked at Jennie. He took a box out of his pocket and got down on one knee.

Kai: Kim Jennie, the love of my life. Will you marry me?

Jennie had tears in her eyes and couldn't talk. After a minute, she pulled herself together.

Jennie took a mic and said,

Jennie: Yes.

The whole crowd shouted and applauded. Kai put the ring on Jennie, and Jennie kissed and hugged him. Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa walked up to Jennie. They hugged Jennie, who felt her knees weaken. The rest of the night, Jennie had never felt happier than at that moment.

But with that news going to be on the KBS tomorrow, Jennie's past was coming back to haunt her.