KARTIK IS RUHAN

The whole morning passed with no luck and now it was 2:30 in the afternoon. They contacted went to all closed ice factories and other cold storage places but didn't find a single trace of Kartik.

ACP Pradyuman was getting frustrated. This killer has driven them mad but they weren't going to spare him.

"This Kartik has some connection with the royal family." Pradyumna said to his team.

"Sir, what if Kartik is behind all this?" Fredy asked.

"Have you lost your mind Fredy?" Abhijeet asked. "How can a boy commit crimes when he was not even born."

"Kartik and Ruhan are of the same age Fredy." Daya explained. Suddenly Pradyuman understood something and immediately turned around to face his team.

"One minute. What did you say, Daya?" He asked.

"That Ruhan would be the same age as Kartik if he was alive." Daya also seemed to understand what ACP understood.

"Now, tell me some similarities between these two." ACP asked his team.

"Their age." Fredy responded.

"Other than that." Pradyumna scolded.

"Sir, both have asthama." Abhijeet said.

"Ruhan died when he was three and Kartik doesn't remember anything about the first three years of his life." Sachin added.

"In all the pictures which we have seen of them. Both wear blue in all." Shreya pointed out.

"Sir, I came across Reena's old picture when she was eighteen and she looked, I mean, most of her features are the same as Kartik." Kavin said.

"Remember, sir, that he told us that he feels some connection towards Reena." Purvi added.

"Dr Veer found Kartik in a bus coming from Kolapur." Kajal said.

"Sir that means."

"Yes, Rajat." Pradyuman said. "Kartik is Ruhan. Prince Ruhan."

The whole teams was taken aback.

"Sir, so the 'blue jewel of the crown' and 'third jewel of the crown' refers to Kartik." Tasha asked.

"Gauresh came to know about this truth. And the killer didn't want that." Pankaj added.

"What!?" Rajesh said from the door. He, Rohan, Riya and Shristi had come to the bureau and overheard everything.

"Is this true?" Riya asked.

"To prove this we need DNA." Pradyumna said.

The next moment they were in the forensic lab where Dr Salunkhe and Dr Tarika had taken DNA samples from Rohan and Riya.

"Boss." Salunkhe said. "The DNA's of Rohan, Riya and Kartik, or should I say, Ruhan are a perfect match."

All four were suprised to hear that.

"And sir, Mr Rajesh's DNA and Kartik's DNA are also identical." Tarika added.

"For a whole year our brother was with us and we didn't even know it." Shristi said.

"What I don't understand that is how did survive that terrible fire." Rajesh stated.

"Mr Rajesh, the thing that happened was, Ruhan got out of the car but instead of coming to you'll he fell in the valley near the bus stand." Daya replied.

"That's where he got on the bus, in the wounded state and managed to enter Goa where Dr Veer found him." Abhijeet added.

"Sir, Dr Veer told us that when he found Ruhan, he was running after someone who was after his life." Shreya said.

"What did my son ever do to that killer that he didn't leave him?" Rajesh asked.

"Only the killer knows the answer to that." Fredy said.

"And we must find him before he does anything to Ruhan." Pankaj added.

"But we checked all the ice factories or cold storage areas but we haven't found him there." Purvi replied.

"One minute. Ice factories and cold storage meaning?" Riya asked.

"Ruhan is given a chemical which other than making him unconscious also temporarily paralysis the nervous system." Salunkhe replied. "And if he's kept in a cold place the effect lasts longer. He's completely helpless."

"And since he had asthma his life is also in danger." Tarika said.

"Sir, in Mumbai there is one old and big cold storage area." Riya said.

"But the killer had about twenty five to thirty minutes to get Ruhan out of there before we came. Even on the way he found no one." Kajal replied.

"There is one road, sir, which reduces the time to travel. It's not that famous but we use that road to come here." Rohan said.

"That means the killer brought Ruhan here. He thought we'll be searching in Thane while he keeps him here." Pradyuman stated.

"Where is that road and that place?" Abhijeet questioned.

"Sir, it's on the Mumbai side end of the road." Shristi answered. "Next to it is a ATM also."

"Sir, we can get the footage." Nikhil said.

"Even the killer's face." Vivek added.

"Let's go." Sachin instructed.

"We'll go with you, sir." Rajesh said.

"Mr Rajesh we can't risk you and your family loosing your lives." Pradyumna explained.

"Sir, Ruhan was taken away once and we won't let him be taken away again." Rohan answered.

"Ok than. But be careful. Pankaj, Fredy, be with them."

They traveled to that road and to the ATM there while half the team searched the cold storage area, the other half questioned the security guard.

"Sir, a woman did come by this road." He said.

"Do you remember her face?" Rajat asked.

"No sir, it was dark. The odd thing was that she and some men came out of the car along with a bag and kept it here." He added.

"How many men and how did they look?" Tasha asked.

"They were five and all of them were nothing less than body builders."

Meanwhile inside all what they found was a chair in the middle of the room with untied rope fallen on the floor. There was also few drops of frozen blood on the floor. Nikhil and Vivek collected the samples while the others took a close look at the place.

"This place isn't that cold." Abhijeet stated.

"Maybe that's the reason why the killer took him from here. But what does he want from Ruhan." Daya added.

"Sir!" Fredy yelled. All of them ran towards the sound and found him next to the dragging marks on the floor. As if someone was dragged out from the back door and when they went out they found the marks of wheels as well.