ANOTHER LETTER

While the others were talking about buisness enemies Riya went closer to the screen and seeing her Tasha followed. Riya stopped and looked at the screen properly and by her expression Tasha could make out that she knows this boy.

"Chiku." Riya said in happiness and disbelief.

"You know him?" Tasha asked from behind her.

"Dad!" She said and ran towards Rajesh.

"What happened?" They asked her.

"Chiku." She said again and pointed at the screen. Rohan looked at the screen and also stated that it was Chiku.

"Who is Chiku?" Fredy asked.

"Sir, we call Ruhan 'Chiku'." Rohan revealed as Rajesh went to the screen.

"That boy is Ruhan?" Pankaj asked.

"Yes sir."

"W... where did you get this?" Rajesh asked.

"It was in Gauresh's body. Our forensic doctor found it." Rajat replied. "Can you tell us when this picture was taken?"

"This was our last family picture together. A week before the accident."

"I have the full picture sir." Rohan said and removed his wallet. In a secret compartment was the full picture. They were all kids at the time and the woman who Ruhan posed was his mother, Reena.

"That means Gauresh found something to do with Ruhan. Maybe the one who caused the accident." Pankaj said.

"What? Cause the accident?" Rajesh asked.

"This might be difficult but it's true that this wasn't a accident but a murder." Pradyumna replied.

Rajesh was shaken to the core and nearly fell if not for Rohan and Rajat to help him sit down the chair while he overcame the shock.

"Sir, please don't tell this to mom." Riya requested with tears. "She barely survived Ruhan's death those years back. She won't survive if she comes to know that it was a murder."

"Who, sir, has killed my brother?" Rohan asked.

"That is what we have to figure out but I promise you that the killer won't be spared." Pradyumna answered.

The doctor opened and Shristi came running in holding a page in her hand and she looked worried.

"What happened Shristi?" Abhijeet asked.

"Sir, I was in the bus going back home when I found this on one of the plants in the garden. I got scared so I and father came." She replied. As she spoke Rakesh also came in.

This was yet another threat note.

The team began their thoughts about what this message could mean

"Sir, maybe this is the same killer and is referring to Gauresh and Ruhan." Rajat said.

"Yeah but then who's the third person?" Tasha added.

"And what way is the killer talking about?" Fredy said.

"The killer is the same person but who is this third person." Pradyumna asked the same question.

"Sir, what if the killer has killed someone now." Pankaj said.

The team was altered and Pradyuman instructed the royal family to return to their mansion along with them and get Dr Veer there as well. Everyone was soon gathered in the hall of the mansion, including the staff and very soon the other officers who had gone to the hospital also arrived there.

"Is everyone here?" Pradyumna asked.

"Sir, everyone is here." Rakesh replied.

The CID took a close look at everyone and suddenly Kavin spoke, "Kartik. Kartik is missing sir."

Everyone was shocked and worried. Did the killer get him?

"Search the whole place!" Daya instructed.

"Fredy, Pankaj, Kajal make sure no one goes out!" Abhijeet added to the instructions.

The whole team began a search in the mansion which was nothing less than a maze. They called out his name but there was no response and everyone was getting tensed.

As they continued their search, Purvi, Shreya and Sachin entered a old room in the end of one of the corridors and noticed footprints in the dust of the floor. Someone had come here after many years. As they moved forward they saw a someone sitting on a chair while his head was fallen on the table infront. As if he was sleeping.

"Sir!" They called out and immediately everyone rushed to the place where the call came from.

"What happened?" Pradyumna asked and the officers pointed at the someone. It was Kartik.

"Look!" Durva scoffed. "We're here tensed and this boy is enjoying his sleep."

"Done?" Abhijeet asked sarcastically.

"Madam, I don't know the reason why you hate this kid but I feel you aren't much happy to see him." Daya added.

Kavin, Vivek and Nikhil tried to wake him up by slightly pushing him but there wasn't a response. They pushed slightly harder and he almost fell off the chair. For a moment they thought he was dead but after checking his pules, he was alive.

"Lift him." Sachin said and when they did they saw the left part of his forehead which was touching the table had a wound and from there blood was flowing.

"My God." Abhijeet exclaimed.

"Quickly, take him out." Daya added.

They layed him in the guest room and Veer examined his wound and bandaged it. His bangs weren't allowing the bandage wrapped around his forehead to be visible from the front.

"What is happening, brother." Shristi asked Rohan. "First Uncle Gauresh and now Kartik."

"Ruhan also, Shristi." Riya said.

"What?"

The siblings explained everything to their cousin sister and made her promise that she won't tell anyone. Especially Reena.

After a while Kartik regained consciousness and with Kavin and Sachin's help he sat up straight.

"Kartik, how are you feeling?" Sachin asked.

"I don't know. My head hurts very badly." Kartik groaned.

"Always remember, a strong mind can seperate the body for it's sufferings." Pradyumna said.

"Can you tell us what happened?" Abhijeet asked.

"Durva ma'am told me to go clean the terrace but on the way I heard some noise from the room. I went in and saw someone messing with some pages and when I went close, that person hit something on my head."

"It's ok." Daya said. "Take some rest."

They all went out of the room.

"Sir, the killer didn't have a plan of killing Kartik. He just knocked him out because he saw him doing something." Fredy said.

"You're right." Pradyuman agreed. "Than who is this third person. Who?"

Back at the bureau, all of them began to discuss about this third person and who could it be. Just then, Pankaj and Tasha came in with some information.

"Sir, according to Rajesh and Reena's will...... Rohan is to receive one third of their money including a piece of land in Thane. Riya will receive another one third of the money and a piece of land near the forest. And Ruhan would receive the last one third and a piece of land near the sea." Tasha read.

"Sir, for Shristi her father left all his inheritance since she's the only child." Pankaj added.