SEARCH

"Sir, one more thing. Durva isn't Shristi's biological mother." Tasha added.

"What?" Vivek asked.

"Sir, Shristi's real mother, Avantika Bhonsle died when she was one year old in a car accident." Pankaj replied.

"Car accident." Daya thought. "The same way Ruhan died."

"Means that the third person to be killed is Avantika." Abhijeet stated.

"Sir, she's the first person to die. Shristi is the same age and Riya. And Ruhan was born when they were five years old." Fredy whispered.

"Fredy. This isn't the time for jokes." Daya said.

"This will. Does it say anything else?" Pradyumna asked.

"Sir, it says that they will get their share when they turn twenty one." Tasha answered.

"Oh. Rohan, Riya and Shristi already got their share." Daya said.

"But what about Ruhan's share?" Abhijeet questioned. "I mean, to whom will that go?"

"Sir, it isn't mentioned." Pankaj said. "Sir, but the lawyer said that there is a woman who wants that land but he didn't say who. He got a call."

"That means someone has their eyes on that land." Kavin said.

"And maybe that's the reason why Ruhan lost his life." Purvi added.

"Sir, maybe there is something in that land. That's why the killer turned so heartless and took the life of a innocent kid." Shreya said.

"Where is that land?" Fredy asked.

"Sir, Mumbai." Pankaj replied.

"Which part of Mumbai?" Daya asked.

"Sunset Beach."

"Sir, that beach is near the hospital where Gauresh went."

"That means this Gauresh knows the killer." Pradyumna stated.

"Sir, the killer did his work but now how are we going to find him?" Kajal asked.

"We have to Kajal. The whole family's life is at risk. The note said that the killer doesn't hesitate to commit another murder."

"And sir, Kartik was so close to find out who is was but he was knocked out." Rajat said.

"Sir." Sachin spoke up. "The killer must have been looking for something in that room, that's why he almost killed Kartik when he saw."

"You're right." Pradyuman agreed. "You'll go back and search each and every corner of that room."

It was evening when the team reached and began to search the place for what the killer was looking for but didn't find anything. The whole family was gathered around the entrance of the room. All they found were pieces of old papers and all old documents.

"Sir." Nikhil said as he walked towards Pradyumna with a vase which had blood on its base. "The killer could have hit Kartik using this."

"Or the killers." Abhijeet replied. "Because looking at this dark place where there's not light anyone could get injured."

"And it's more possible for an outsider to get injured." Daya added. "Send this to Salunkhe. Let the DNA speak for itself."

In the forensic lab, Dr Salunkhe examined the blood sample but the team didn't give him the blood samples of the other family members because he said that it wasn't necessary.

The team waited for the doctor to speak and after their patients ran out Pradyuman asked him whether he would take forever.

"Sir, this blood belongs to a seventeen year old who I feel isn't very healthy." Salunkhe replied.

"What do you mean?" Fredy asked.

"Sir, the levels of a white blood cell called eosinophils and an antibody called immunoglobulin E. If the levels are high, this may be a sign of severe asthma." Tarika stated.

"Sir, this is Ruhan's blood. But he never told us that he has asthama." Sachin said.

"Sachin, people may always not know that they have asthama but he shouldn't be kept in a dark room with poor ventilation or else he'll die." Salunkhe replied. "But what I don't understand that why couldn't he come to know."

"Sir, what if he knows but didn't tell us or the royal family." Abhijeet said.

"Dr Veer might be knowing." Daya added.

"But why didn't you want us to get the samples of other people?" Kavin asked.

"I don't want to alarm the killer. It could be one of the family members as well." Salunkhe replied.

"Should we go back sir?" Sachin asked.

"Not now. First thing tomorrow. Till that time you'll investigate about this City Hospital and Medical College." Pradyumna instructed.

Back at the mansion, Reena along with the other chefs was making dinner for the family when she saw Kartik leaving the guest room.

"Kartik. How are you feeling now?" She asked.

"Much better." He responded. "I think I can get back to work."

"Absolutely not. You're not working until you get completely alright." Reena said and went to him.

"But Durva ma'am."

"I'll speak to Durva, you just sit down." Saying this she made him sit on a stool opposite to the place where she was making puris and potato curry. Kartik watched her make the dishes and after five minutes she was done.

"Here. Taste and tell me how it is." Reena said.

"Me?" Kartik asked.

"Yes. Everyone else is busy."

"But ma'am-"

"Kartik."

"Ok but my hands a dirty." Kartik had been coughing for few minutes before. "I'll wash and come."

"You wait. I'll feed you."

"What?"

"What 'what'?"

"Ma'am, how can I?"

"You always praise my food right. Now let me do the honour. Be still and say 'aah'."

Kartik opened his mouth and Reena put a piece of the Puri dipped in the curry in his mouth and he, for the first time in a long time in the past many years that he didn't feel the absence of his mother. Despite Durva being there, Shristi was mostly taken care of by Reena.

At the table all of them gathered together and the family was joined by Veer and Kartik. No body spoke a word at the table as everyone was fearing their lives. The killer could get anyone of them at anytime. After dinner they went in their respective rooms to sleep. Veer was given the guest room while Kartik was shifted to another room on the first floor.

Everyone prayed for the night to go smoothly but......